PDA

View Full Version : Help!

chrissie125
01-01-12, 12:11
Hi everyone, happy new year to you x

Do you think Panic/Anxiety is curable and will one day we ever be free from symptoms?
I have horrid symptoms, day in and day out and its getting me down, i just want to be normal again!! (or normal ish!!)

To go out on my own like a normal person would help.....free from panic!

What symptoms do you all get please......knowing this may put my mind at rest and make me see its nothing other than anxiety and panic and i will be ok and just to keep plodding on!

Thanks Peeps in advance x

beauty2010
01-01-12, 19:46
Yes, I most certainly think it is curable - or at least sometimes it just goes away on its own. I have personally gone through phases of anxiety in my life and then long bits when I have been quite worry free - I am 46 years old now. I wonder if sometimes when we are unhappy for other reasons and then if we are an anxious kind of person, the unhappiness or unsettledness comes out in anxiety - like other people might drink or get aggressive in a similar situation, etc.
Most important thing is to recognise that a lot of symptoms are actually anxiety - I think that is the first step.
A very happy new year to you - and wishing you a peaceful one
B

charsey
02-01-12, 01:30
I agree with B in that anxiety is our (strange) way of dealing with what may be making us unhappy etc at that point. I had my first experience of HA when I was 19/20 and like B have had years with no HA and years with.
For me it's recognising what is causing the symptoms for example I've recently had loads of headaches and know that due to HA induced insomnia I'm not getting enough sleep and this is contributing to the headaches. It's also important for me to realise that the anxiety makes me worse and that it's not the symptoms getting worse. I hope this makes sense. I have really had to force myself to look at things at face value all most.

I think it's more manageable than curable in all honesty but you never know.

chrissie125
03-01-12, 17:31
Thank you for your responses, and when thought about what you both say is correct, only some days it gets me down and i know thinking about it makes it worse but again sometimes its hard not too!!

Thanks again and happy new year to you both xx