PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone and Happy new year!

Connor_cbt
01-01-12, 18:43
Ok, so I wrote a lengthy intoroduction message and appear to have forgotten to post it before clicking of the page.... nice work huh? :yesyes: Anyhow I will forgo the long introduction and keep it short and sweet this time around :blush:

I'm Connor, i'm 32 and come from Guildford in Surrey. In the past I have had some problems with anxiety which left me virtually house-bound for around a year. After a series of CBT sessions I managed to return to a regular life.

Now after working as a carer in mental health and working with some autistic gentlemen with OCD, I have decided to train as a counsellor. I am about to begin volunteering with samaritans, before starting my level 3 course in september and then going on to the foundation degree next year.

I look forward to chatting on the forums and sharing experiences with everyone.

Best wishes,

Connor.

nomorepanic
01-01-12, 18:45
Hi Connor_cbt

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Connor_cbt
01-01-12, 18:59
Thank you :)

petram
01-01-12, 20:38
that s what id like to do is eventually help people with simalar symptoms of anxiety/ocd depression having it 1st hand i think we make the best therapists.
if u can help me in any way that be great if it helps u 2 with ya study??

Connor_cbt
01-01-12, 21:01
Hi,
You're right! Most of the courses i looked at before settling on the one i chose actually prefer candidates that have had personal experience with anxiety/depression as well as professional if possible and part of my course involves 60 hours of therapy sessions as well. I actually found that pretty inspirational, as it proves that people can turn their lives around.
Although its pretty funny that by the time I am finished i would probably have done three or four times more therapy sessions than any of the people i'll be helping!
I would like to help if possible if i can but i am not an expert and can only give my opinion based on the treatment i received when i was having difficulties coping with anxiety and of course be a friendly ear (however that phrase translates into typing!)

I wish you all the best and thank you for responding :)

Connor.