PDA

View Full Version : hi newbie

lisa1975
01-01-12, 19:24
hi just thought id say hello my names lisa ive suffered from anxiety an panic attacks for 3 years my first panic attack totally freaked me out an have battled agoraphobia ever since im not house bound but dont go far on my own i have young children which has kept me from being house bound because not matter how bad i felt or thought of dying when out were just tough someone had to do the school run which has kept me going .i dont take medication i no some people need it but i felt its not for me the problems are still going to be their when i came of the meds i have done cbt which did help me to some extent . im having a bit of a bad time at the moment i have h pylori which is causing me a lot of problems at the moment i keep haveng really bad muscle spasms in diffrent parts of my body an muscle aches an lower back ache which is freaking me out but im trying my best not to read to much into it thanks for reading my rant an hope i can help other along the way :D

nomorepanic
01-01-12, 19:26
Hi lisa1975

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

lisa1975
01-01-12, 19:27
thankyou :)

Sabre
01-01-12, 21:38
Hi Lisa,

I also suffer from the muscle spasm get them in my back, arms, chest and stomach and they totally freak me out :unsure:. A few month back my B12, magnesium and zinc levels where low but docs keapt doing blood tests and they eventually came back up and told me it was properly due to my diet, as i totally lost my appetite and lost weight! i now eat healthly and take a daily vitamin tablet, but over the last few days these spasms have come back, i have a docs appointment on friday and will mention the spasms have returned and see what they say!
I have suffered from anxiety for just over a year now, i have had the CBT which did help, especially with calming my palpitations and panic attacks down, however i still suffer and get scared of these spasms and the chest pain they bring on! my docs have been very helpful tho, they see me regulary and keep an eye on my pulse and blood pressure, my blood is pressure is always low however i am very slim and say not to worry, my pulse is usually over 100bpm but they say its due to my anxiety, i have tried various tablets, and none settled with me apart from propranolol which unfortunatey can cause low blood pressure so i am only on a real small dose!
Hopefully together we will get through these symptons, it does help knowing other people are experiencing the same symptons and have someone to talk to. x

lisa1975
01-01-12, 21:49
their horrible things i dont usually worry over my health to much but these are freaking me out i was going to ask them to check out my mineral levels see if its that did they give you something for yours i no ive got h pylori anyway which cause all kinds of horrible sympthoms but the spasms an muscle aches are a knew one for me thanks for replying its made me feel better just knowing someone else is going through the same even though i wouldnt wish it on anyone :) i dont take meds but drink a lot of herbal teas my ipod works wonders for distracting me when i feel bad an until my stomach an these spasms started i was doing zumba only at home but it defo helps now i cant do it any sudden movment an i get a spasm xx

Vanilla Sky
01-01-12, 21:58
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

lisa1975
01-01-12, 22:01
thankyou paige :)

Sabre
01-01-12, 22:16
I would advise getting your mineral levels checked, and i can imagine your h pylori giving you terrible symptons and not helping your anxiety any! My doctor referred me to a gastroenrolist (not sure how to spell that lol) and i actually have the camera tests this month! My doctor didnt give me anything for my low levels just told me start eating more, it was my B12 level that was most concerning as my mag and zinc came back up ok on the next blood test, my gastroenrolist wrote them a letter saying i needed to start B12 injections but just proir to that i had another blood test and my B12 level came back fine! so we left the shots!
My doctor still says the spasms are due to anxiety and i know they will say the same on friday but i dont think they truely understand how frightening, concerning and actually painful they are! However we must put are trust in them!
Have you ever heard off Muscular fatigue a sympton of anxiety? I have been reading a book by Dr Claire Weeks called Essential Help For Your Nerves and it has helped me so much i highly recommend it, i read it everytime i feel a sympton and before i go to bed, i find it really helpful and a great peace of mind! xx

lisa1975
01-01-12, 22:26
i have got that book somewere will route it out i go for the camera test next weekbut the bowl one an a breath test for the h pylori i dont no why im having that done think its cos its been 3 years since the last tried to treat me for it they have never been able to get rid of it hopefully this time i will have more luck getting rid of it im just worried about having a muscle spasm doing the school run i dont want to have to stand in the street tyring to stretch the muscle its the only way it goes lol x

Sabre
01-01-12, 22:33
Lol i would say thats a good sign if it goes away if you give it a good stretch :), just wear sum jogging pants and that then if you need to give it a stretch people will just think your a healthy active mum lol.
I wish you all the luck and hope they manage to find the right treatment for you.
Please keep in touch would be nice to know how you get on, and if they find anything out what could be causing the spasms.
All the best Rob x

Connor_cbt
01-01-12, 22:39
Hi Lisa,
have you thought about maybe going back for more CBT sessions to help with the anxiety? also meditation can really help with pain and anxiety as well.

Best wishes,

Connor.

lisa1975
01-01-12, 23:19
tbh connor on my last sessions with cbt they felt i was self healing an i have been doing really well i dont have any major panic attack anymore i have every blue moon the start of one but i control them really well my agrophobia is getting better its taking more time than id like but im getting their just these spasms have thrown me a bit an not sure if their medical or my anxiety yet im just trying to not freak myself out thinking its something serious when i know ive got stomach problem an it could just be connected to that i really dont want to go down the medication road because i am getting better i think sometimes i just need a little reasurance :)

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

sorry connor read your post wrong meitation is something i wouldnt mind looking into :)

Connor_cbt
01-01-12, 23:22
Congratulations! thats great to hear :) we all need reassurance sometimes and it does sound like a very uncomfortable thing to experience, I hope the hospital gets to the bottom of it for you! let us know how it goes its a shame that you overcoming your anxiety trouble has been scuppered by this other bump in the road! still that means it'll be a double celebration i suppose!

Best wishes,

Connor.

lisa1975
01-01-12, 23:53
thanks connor :)