PDA

View Full Version : One big raw nerve !!

Sit2Know
01-01-12, 20:01
I have never had anxiety this bad and had over 25 years of recovery so I am in uncharted territory for me. I have a question:

I feel like one totally raw nerve - every stimulus is overwhelming - just the water running down my body in the shower this morning was too much - the cat walking over the bed and watching TV is out of the question. It feels like every nerve is on the outside of my body and scraped raw. Going into a store is a total sensory assault and when I leave I am so much worse.

This is not about panic or agoraphobia I am just over stimulated by everything

There there is the physical symptom hell - too many to list but simply I feel so sick I can hardly function. To add to misery this past 8 weeks I have had SEVERE gut cramping and nausea 24/7 that never lets up.

I have had all the medical tests - have a therapist and have an extremely healthy lifestyle - doing what I can to do the recovery work - never will touch another psyche drug again - but here is my worry::::::::

I have never been this sick or tortured with anxiety - has anyone else been here????

pinkdove
01-01-12, 22:21
Hi yes i have, when i was first ill, in fact i felt exactly the same as you, hit rock bottom and could'nt get out of bed.

I had to try a few different meds as i really could,nt function, untill finally settled on citalopram, and with the help of a phyc doc, and many months, i am now on the road to recovery.

I would advise you to speak to your gp, as you don't have to feel sick and tortured, i know how draining that is, i wish you well, but please ask for help, and don;t continue to suffer x

crystal17
01-01-12, 22:37
Yes its awful isnt it? I totally relate to that, the feeling that literally everything is over stimulating you and irritating you and that you just wanna snap at everything (inanimate objects included!) around you.

It must be sheer nervous exhaustion, do go and see your GP about it you dont have to suffer like this.

Sit2Know
02-01-12, 02:38
I went through benzo withdrawal that took 3 years and antidepressant withdrawal that took over 2 years - wont ever touch another psyche drug

I just thought my own anxiety was bad!!