PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back

MeganRebecca
01-01-12, 21:49
Hello everyone,

I used to use this site a lot and have decided to come back.

I have had problems with anxiety and stress for a long time.
My first memories being when my younger sister was suffering badly from OCD, she had intense therapy which was upseting for my family as we knew how hard she found it, but also knew we had to be cruel to be kind. She is much better now. I used to self harm then, it relieved my stresses.

When I was about 18 I started getting bad panics attacks. This led to a fear of leaving the house, I'd spend days just crying in bed. I had councelling and took medication for a while, I am now much better at controlling panic attacks and they come a lot less frequently.

I am 21 now. I am generally a nervous person who worries about things a lot, but I feel I do okay in life. However, a few days ago I had some upsetting/disapointing news which made me lose faith in myself, and I self harmed quite badly. I had not done this in a long time, I think about 1 year. I was not ashamed afterwards, it came naturally and it helped me. However, I am now shocked at how badly I did it, I have 1 cut on my wrist which was deep and I'm sure if I'd pressed any harder I'd have needed to get stitches. I have several marks across my stomach (my usual place - hidden) - not as bad but still I think worse than I ever used to do.
I told my boyfriend straight away afterwards, I stopped and was calm and I simply told him please don't be mad, I am not going to keep secrets.
He knows I used to self harm, but this is the 1st time since I've known him.
He was sickened and now he won't come near me (he says until I am completely healed).

I feel okay but lately I am worrying about everything a lot, and this has worried me - I am worried of what I am capable of - I don't want to end up in hospital by doing this.

Any tips on controlling anxiety in a better way?

Can anyone relate?

Thanks guys

I look forward to hearing from people who can share similar experiences

diane07
01-01-12, 21:53
Hi MeganRebecca

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
01-01-12, 21:57
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x