PDA

View Full Version : Cant stop Urinating!!!! help

anitaa
01-01-12, 23:08
Hi

Im really worried and have been in tears all day, For the past two weeks i have been constantly passing urine every 10mins. I have had urine culture tests/preg tests/blood tests all clear!! i was hoping i would have an infection so i could take something to cure this!!! :scared15:but all the doc says is take painkillers....... im really exausted from getting up all night and have totally lost my appitite from sheer panic and worry:huh:

I have been googling like made trying to find out what is wrong and have found something called I.C on the internet, i really do not want to have this for the rest of my life i am really scared i wish i could be normal again i feel soooo miserable:weep:

nomorepanic
01-01-12, 23:25
I don't know what I.C. is or stands for but the docs must be able to do something for you surely?

anitaa
01-01-12, 23:31
its something to do with irritated/overactive bladder?? am really panicing as there is no cure on internet it said if it gets too painfull surgery can be done to remove bladder:scared15:

miniholly
02-01-12, 00:03
Hi :)
I had a similar problem and still do a little bit when my anxiety flares up, everyone including my doctors thought I had a urinary tract infection and was given about 6 courses of anti biotics and nothing did the trick, like you I googled like mad and found IC (Interstitial cystitis) and also freaked out as I couldn't cope with that for the rest of my life! I also convinced myself of other silly things but in the end it turned out to be anxiety, whenever I feel happy and not worrying about something it goes completely, but when I feel very anxious it comes back and its an absolute pain and does make me more anxious.
Unfortunately the only advice I have is to try and ignore it and try to hold the urge to urinate for as long as you can it sounds daft but it does work to help relieve the feeling a bit.
I hope you feel better soon :) xx

anitaa
02-01-12, 09:40
Hi :)
I had a similar problem and still do a little bit when my anxiety flares up, everyone including my doctors thought I had a urinary tract infection and was given about 6 courses of anti biotics and nothing did the trick, like you I googled like mad and found IC (Interstitial cystitis) and also freaked out as I couldn't cope with that for the rest of my life! I also convinced myself of other silly things but in the end it turned out to be anxiety, whenever I feel happy and not worrying about something it goes completely, but when I feel very anxious it comes back and its an absolute pain and does make me more anxious.
Unfortunately the only advice I have is to try and ignore it and try to hold the urge to urinate for as long as you can it sounds daft but it does work to help relieve the feeling a bit.
I hope you feel better soon :) xx

Hi thanks for the reply! i am really freaking out too that i will have this for the rest of my life!! im glad you are feeling a bit better. I got mine just before xmas so it might be anxiety i hope i havnt got IC! did you have any other tests done? i have never had anything like this before:shrug:

Tish
02-01-12, 09:53
hi Anita,
what miniholly says is right.. anxiety makes this problem much worse, I know as I suffer from it myself sometimes. The trick that worked for me is to retrain your overactive bladder, this won't work while you're out because you'll be even more anxious about wetting yourself but when you're at home and you get the urge.. don't go. At the moment you're training your bladder to go every ten minutes or so, that's why you have to ignore the urge and hold it for as long as you can. It's an awful problem made much worse by worrying about it. Good luck, T x

anitaa
02-01-12, 10:13
hi Anita,
what miniholly says is right.. anxiety makes this problem much worse, I know as I suffer from it myself sometimes. The trick that worked for me is to retrain your overactive bladder, this won't work while you're out because you'll be even more anxious about wetting yourself but when you're at home and you get the urge.. don't go. At the moment you're training your bladder to go every ten minutes or so, that's why you have to ignore the urge and hold it for as long as you can. It's an awful problem made much worse by worrying about it. Good luck, T x

Thanks for the reply, so do you hold it in even if it is painfull will that irritate bladder worse, have you got better? whats driving me mad is thinking im not going to get better googling on the internet has really scared me if i thought it would eventually go id be able to have some hope at the mo im just laying around crying scared to go out:weep:

hyg
02-01-12, 14:26
Hey
I know how you feel. I have suffered on and off with cystits for 20 years but when Im anxious I get bad urinary frequency and this irritates and annoys me to hell and back. I can test my own urinw with dipsticks when this happens and 9 times out of 10 its not an infection.
Its doesnt sound like IC as the symptoms of this include bad pelvic pain and anyway this has to be diagnosed with a cystoscopy.
Try drinking barley water to calm the bladder or camamile tea.
Bladder training where you hold on can work if its proven that you have an overactive bladder.
This is obviously making you anxious so creating a viscious circle making you pee more.
Hope you feel better soon x:hugs:

amyamyamy14
02-01-12, 14:59
It could be anxiety related

In the middle of last year I convinced myself I had diabetes. A symptom of Diabetes is frequently urinating. Somehow my mind convinced my body to keep on going the toilet. It is crazy how the mind works and how powerful it is. If your tests came back clear, there is no need to worry

anitaa
02-01-12, 20:19
thanks for the replys, i have a dull pain but its more a pressure to go feeling, am going back to docs tomorrow to see if they can scan me or something? i know that might take a few weeks wait, you are right worring about it does make you wee more:blush:ive convinced myself ive had everything from bladder cancer to tumors in my uterus

countrygirl
02-01-12, 22:23
My friend had your symptom and could not even make it to the Drs without stopping every 10 mins - she said she hardly produced any urine because she was gong so much but the urge to go was unbelievable.

She was like you tested for infections etc and when this was clear was referred to a urology clinic for tests and they did ultrasound of kidneys and bladder / blood tests and put a camera in her bladder and then did urodynamic tests where she had to wee into a container through a device that measured flow rate etc and they said she had an overactive bladder and she just had to take tablets every day and was completely fine then.

This was 3 yrs ago and she is now reducing the tablet to one every few days and still fine so they think that her overactive bladder has now settled. They said anxiety makes it worse and she is a very tense person.

Ask your Dr to refer you to a urology clinic as they can do all the tests.

anitaa
03-01-12, 00:54
i will ask, bit scared i dont want overactive bladder:weep: i hope its something that will go on its own in a few weeks!! ive been looking at thrush today as another option but am not sore:mad:damn....i want to have somthing i can cure, its soo frustrating waking all the night

AngelHeart
03-01-12, 01:33
I had this for about 6 months at the beginning of last year ( read my posts ) and it was all due to anxiety ! It went when unfortunatly I started focusing on something else !! I know how horrible it is to have this feeling constantly. JUst try to be reasurred that its nothing to worry about. I know its easier said than done, just wanted you to know your not alone xxx

Tish
03-01-12, 06:44
I didn't go to the doc's for treatment Anita so I don't have a diagnosis, I just googled 'urge incontinence'. I know I should go as I'm not cured but all I can say is that 'holding it' has helped and I can see that worrying about the problem (being anxious) makes it a whole lot worse x

anitaa
03-01-12, 11:20
I had this for about 6 months at the beginning of last year ( read my posts ) and it was all due to anxiety ! It went when unfortunatly I started focusing on something else !! I know how horrible it is to have this feeling constantly. JUst try to be reasurred that its nothing to worry about. I know its easier said than done, just wanted you to know your not alone xxx

Thanks
Maybe i should think of something else to worry about instead, i get it through the night too when im asleep does that happen with anxiety??

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

I didn't go to the doc's for treatment Anita so I don't have a diagnosis, I just googled 'urge incontinence'. I know I should go as I'm not cured but all I can say is that 'holding it' has helped and I can see that worrying about the problem (being anxious) makes it a whole lot worse x

thanks for reply, i have been managing to hold it for 2hours but the pressure pain of holding it in is horrible, off to docs at 12pm i know i am going to come home frustrated with no answers:lac:they dont seem bothered but its really affecting my appitite and sleep xxx

premiumpackaging2
03-01-12, 12:54
Hi

Im really worried and have been in tears all day, For the past two weeks i have been constantly passing urine every 10mins. I have had urine culture tests/preg tests/blood tests all clear!! i was hoping i would have an infection so i could take something to cure this!!! :scared15:but all the doc says is take painkillers....... im really exausted from getting up all night and have totally lost my appitite from sheer panic and worry:huh:

I have been googling like made trying to find out what is wrong and have found something called I.C on the internet, i really do not want to have this for the rest of my life i am really scared i wish i could be normal again i feel soooo miserable:weep:

Hello Anitaa,
I hope that you have long since resolved your problem. Which sounds to me like Diabetes type 2. That is one of the symptoms when blood sugars are very high; the constant need to urinate. I was going every three minutes! Did not think it was possible to excrete so much!

Doctor sent me an urgent message suggesting I go into Accident and Emergency at my local Hospital.

I was a diabetic type 2 taking Metformin at 500mg X 2 per day, however after putting a stop to the J2O's that I was drinking like water, and being prescribed Gliclazide and, especially Oxybutinin Hydrochloride (to control the bladder and reduce the frequency of urination) I have had virtually no issues in that area since.

:yesyes:

IF you are not already diagnosed as Glucose Intolerant or Diabetic 1 or 2, then I would advise that you get yourself tested and checked out pronto!

anitaa
03-01-12, 15:42
just came back from doctor who still doesnt know what i have got, dont think it is diabetes as all blood/urine are fine. He booked me in for a scan in few weeks and gave me oxybutynin 2.5mg tablets (one to be taken at night??) i asked him if the scan comes back clear will i be like this FOREVER!!:ohmy: he says no it should go but i dont belive him i feel like i am getting worse everyday not better and turning into a hermit:blush:

If i felt normal again id be so happy:weep: id never complain about anything ever again

AngelHeart
03-01-12, 21:04
[QUOTE=anitaa;919497]Thanks
Maybe i should think of something else to worry about instead, i get it through the night too when im asleep does that happen with anxiety??

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

Yes, I got it through the night too and was up and down all night to the toilet, its like it can't relax. It was awful so I truely sympathize with what your going though x