PDA

View Full Version : its taken over ME again :(

jessicalittler79
02-01-12, 06:27
hi my name is jessica,iam from the states,ive had health anxitey for 4 yrs after my sister passed away suddenly,well i got checked for what she had and all clear ,i was getting alittle better ,then bam the health anxitey came back very bad...its taken up most of my day and getting to be hard to life normal life .....iam 32 yrs old btw female ....i dont understand how anx can last alllday everyday never do i get a break from it .....ive tryed everything that i can do inhome ...i dont go out much going to doc ect are very hard for me.....anyway just woundering if anyone can relate with me ....i think i have a obsession over my health.....i have about 50 or more symptoms a day .....i have about 20 bad ilness a day as in ,blood clots ,brain anurisum,brain tumour,ms,going blind,going deaf b/c me ears go stuffed...today its been my heart its been fast for 2 days allday ...it does slow down when i lay down ....yesturday was blood clot in leg and the sad part my mind realy makes me feel these sypmtoms like if i think i have blood clot ill google and swear i have evey symptom ....it takes up my hole day i do nothing but worrie alllday long i go to er so much i get ekgs ,blood test .ct scan on head but i still think something must be causeing all this b/c how can it realy make me feel so ill allday long :weep:....ppl tells me to relax and it just anx but i cant relax whats that ....i dont sleep very well i go bed at 3-4am and wake up at 8am with the kids ....i cant leave the house fear of falling over and dieing out side.....i do have a app with a new doctor thursday to see what they say iam sure it will be oh its just anx buit iam losen my mind here i cant handle one more day like this ....i dont understand why me when i was clear of what started all this my sister but i still fear new worries everyday .....iam so ill and need someone to understand how i feel .....ill give u list of my EVERYDAY symptoms: thanks for reading

dizzy

lightheaded

tight head

cant breathe

fast heart rate

weak all over

eyes blurry

ears seems i cant hear out of them

tight throat

throw up feeling

lower belly pains

feeeling very hot!! like my body is on fire

unreal feeling

fearing iam dieing thoughts

cant foucus

very quick to get angry

theres many more thats just a start

please tell me if anyone has gone threw this awfull feelings allday long with no relive ? thanks

eva82
02-01-12, 06:44
Oh Jess!! You know I have all your same fears and almost all your symptoms above. I've been staying at my moms house I've been really bad off with my anxiety and just can't be alone for the fear of just suddenly dying also. As you know, my last trip to the ER really didn't even reassure me like trips before. We are caught in this vicious circle of feeling a symptom, seeking reassurance (either online or with doctor) and then feeling ok until the next nasty symptom occurs. It's like a never ending merry go round that we can't get off of! But I know one day we will overcome this, because as mothers we need to be strong for our children.

Hun, you have been traumatized by the unfair and unexpected passing of your sister. This would put anyone over the edge, but whether you want to believe it or not, you have done such a great job caring for your family through this horrible disorder we have. And don't you dare say you haven't ... I remember you logging off the chat one night to play with the twins ... You are doing the best you can under the circumstances. But we can't give up! I am here for you sweetie. And u know if I had the magic cure to rid of us of all our obsessive overthinking of everything health related I would share it with you. But sadly I don't because it's going to take hard work for us to get where we need to be. Just know that you have an anxiety twin here in California who understands everything you are feeling. I don't know if you are religious or not, but I WILL be saying a prayer for us tonight. PM me whenever you feel the need to rant, vent, or just say hello.

With Love,
Eva

jessicalittler79
02-01-12, 06:48
btw my heart goes around 150-160-while standing and trying to do house work .....iam laying here now feeling it beating hard .....and loads of missed beats scared bad!!!!!

---------- Post added at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 ----------

thanks so much luv2teach u been the greatest ....i will pray for us too everynight....:)

shelley1813
02-01-12, 22:05
Jess, as i was reading your post it sounded jst like me. I to have all the same symptoms as you have listed, the dizziness is driving me crazy at the minute. Trying not to over analize thinking its a brain tumour but its soooo hard. Believe me when i say i can feel my symptoms all day every day. Been iagnosed with health anxiety for over a year now. And for last couple of months i have been really struggling again
Take care and your not alone xxxx

eva82
03-01-12, 05:44
My heart rate has been going really high too! I went to water the plants and then climbed up the stairs and my heart felt like it was beating soooo hard and fast. I took my bp and pluse and it was 152!!! Bp was fine though. I haven't been keeping physically active and been in bed a lot with depression and anxiety so it seems like any small thing eta my pulse racing. In the ER my EKG and Echo came back fine so I'm trying to tell myself it's just panic and anxiety but I'm fearing the worse!! :(

Hang in there Hun and PM whenever u want!! Xoxo

jessicalittler79
04-01-12, 01:10
Luv2teach Hun my heart does same thing ad u no why it does that because when ur worried you stay laying down or sitting because ur scared to move because air anxiety I do same thing hun and what happens when u don't move around alot your heart stays in relax mode so when u get up ur heart goes crazy it's not use to exercise .. Try ur best to wt up and move around every hour so ur heart can't come out of relax mode .... I've learned this because I do same thing I sit around alot when I have bad days Tackett care hun Iam here for u just pm me anytime Iam on my iPod so I can't go into chat for a few days lol tc....

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Shelly it's awful isn't it .. I started cbt yesterday I am praying this will help this health anx has taken over ATM .. It's something new everyday to worrie about sometimes I just wish it would stay on one symptom at a time instead of changing lol ...take care if u need to chat just pm me :)

jessicalittler79
04-01-12, 05:23
Thanks for all your replys means alot knowing I am not alone ;)

jessicalittler79
04-01-12, 19:10
Update it's been 2 days sense my frist cbt ... Today has been very good I've noticed sense the bad thoughts about my health are going away it does make me feel better .. I'll keep u updated thanks for all of your support

shelley1813
04-01-12, 21:30
Jessica thats great to hear its working for you with the CBT :D I have an appointment next week to see if they think CBT would maybe help me. Hope they can do something for me. Tried councelling and worked for a while xx

honeyp1e
04-01-12, 21:33
i hate anxiety that lingers on all day i've had it today the sickly belly feeling is my main symptom & tonight my stomach is just bubbling like mad :(

shelley1813
04-01-12, 21:40
Its truly awful, im dizzy with awful pains in my neck:hugs:

eva82
04-01-12, 22:48
Yea Jessica!! So happy to hear youre finding CBT helpful! Please keep us posted on your progress. :hugs:

jessicalittler79
05-01-12, 00:50
Thanks Hun, I am holding onto hope :)

virgo199060
05-01-12, 10:28
Every single one of the symptoms that you've described are symptoms of anxiety! There's not a single thing that anxiety can't do to you. Anxiety can affect the whole body in so so many different ways, so us HA sufferers will get even more stressed out by the symptoms.

I know it's difficult but you do have to try and chill!

Next time you're panicking/freaking out, just remember that it's just your adrenaline and the natural effects that fear has on your body but just amplified. It's basically you're brains way of trying to protect you through the whole fight or flight thing.
This may not work for everyone, but when I feel myself starting to panic I just say "Thank you brain for trying to protect me, but I don't need protecting! I'm not in any danger. I'm safe and nothing is harming me"
It usually goes away :)

Stay strong hun xxxx

jessicalittler79
05-01-12, 14:10
Ty for your replys