PDA

View Full Version : Snapping when upset

heths
08-06-06, 11:55
I'm wondering if anyone else gets the following;

When there is something wrong with my boyfriend, I feel upset and worried and then sometimes I snap at him. And also like yesterday, I wasn't able to support him in the way I wanted because of how far I'd have to travel, I'm agoraphobic and the furthest I can get is 2 miles to a clinic. So I was upset about that, I felt like i'm weak and powerless to help him and I ended up snapping at him.

And the other thing is at the moment it's getting to the time of the month, and I've noticed during this time I get down on at least one of the days, and start saying horrible things and snapping at my boyfriend. It also feels like i've no control and like I can't stop myself saying the things at the time.

I feel like i'm a bad person, I hate upsetting people and always regret it after i've snapped. I wondered if anyone else can relate to any of this?

Heather

whatisitnow
08-06-06, 14:56
Yes. I used to be like that when i was in a relationship about 3 years ago, about 5 days before periods. I would snap & become completely paranoid too. The poor guy used to be accused of cheating etc. The doctor gave me Diazapam in the end, which i had to take 5 days before my period for 5 days, but for no more than 5 days a month.(didnt want me to get addicted to them) It did help & i only needed them for a few months but the anxiety is coming back with pmt now so im off to see the doc when hes back off leave next week.

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

Alexandra
08-06-06, 15:07
Hi Heather

You are not alone hun i get like that sometimes, us senseative souls can't help being like that.

You are not a bad person Heather. We all get frustrated at times its a natural thing

Sending hugs to you ((((((((((((((((((Heather))))))))))))))))

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Daisybun
08-06-06, 21:51
Hi Heather
Yep I get snappy too and I find my anxiety and irritabilty is heightened by PMT, it was bad enough before but now - watch out!! So yu aren't alone

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

heths
10-06-06, 09:52
Thank you all for your replies, they are reassuring and helpful.

I didn't know about Emotional Hijacking, thank you for explaining that Nigel.

Heather