PDA

View Full Version : Leg Pain and bump. Blood clot or bite. Help please

amyamyamy14
02-01-12, 12:28
I noticed this morning I was having pain in my lower leg in one area. A few hours later a pink/red spot forms (it is small), with 2 really small spots above it. It is not itchy, but hurts. I am really worried it's a clot. I have been in a panic all day, I am really terrified. I'm 18 and overweight, but I exercise on a regular basis.

nomorepanic
02-01-12, 13:23
a clot would be very painful and hot to touch.

amyamyamy14
02-01-12, 13:31
^it's hard to determine if it's hot to touch as where I am from we are currently in a heatwave (for the last 3 days it has been 37-40 degrees) so my whole body is pretty walm. Do yo mean a burning sensation, or just walm. And it's painful, not extremely, but when I lift it there is pain

nomorepanic
02-01-12, 14:25
The heat would be localised to the specific area so you would definitely feel the difference

Insect bites hurt too so could be that

amyamyamy14
03-01-12, 05:12
I have a red/pink rash forming on my arm and it hurts. I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck for a few months to (small, haven't changed size), I am really freaking out now. Could it be from the hot weather? I have a mosquito bite on the other arm which was itchy, but now it hurts. Im really scared. My lymph nodes are starting to hurt as well.

Is it heat rash? We have had a heat wave for around 3-4 days, cool change is tomorrow

1amybee
05-01-12, 20:57
I've had a blood clot (DVT) and it was nothing like that so don't worry. The typical symptoms are a swelling of the calf, discolouration (not just of a small area like yours) and pain. I didn't have much swelling or discolouration but the pain was horrendous and I couldn't walk. x