PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this..? :/

Clow
02-01-12, 12:44
I am constantly checking my skin throughout the day for any new bumps or freckles or blemishes..

I cant stop, and everytime i see one i think it is brand new and that i have skin cancer or something!

Please tell me someone else does this too..

I swear some of them weren't there before..

amyamyamy14
02-01-12, 12:56
All the time, it is so fustrating! I think I spend more time looking for stuff wrong with me, researching, then panicking about it, then other stuff. As much as you tell yourself to stop, you can't as you have convinced yourself you are seriously sick. It's pretty tough now as I have a few months off Uni, so instead of researching school work, I am doing it constantly

Right now I am really concerned with this painful red/pink spot/lump on my leg. I have convinced myself it is blood clot and it's going to travel up to my heart. I have spent the previous 3 months worried about lymph nodes.

Clow
02-01-12, 13:00
Thank god someone else is doing it besides me.. I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm just so relieved I'm not alone in this!

I'm also in uni and doin he same thing, I'm also really fair skinned and rather pale.. So it's easy to spot any sort of red mark at all..

I'm convinced that I havent had certain freckles before recently :/

anitaa
02-01-12, 14:10
my husband does this! he has had perfectly normal moles removed just incase! and in the summer wont wear short sleved tops and smothers himseld in factor 50

iluvstaffies1
02-01-12, 14:11
I am exactly the same. I am constantly checking in my mouth at the moment. I have even started doing it in mirtors in shops. I am just getting worse and worse

Would love some advice on how to cope with this

Clow
02-01-12, 20:51
my husband does this! he has had perfectly normal moles removed just incase! and in the summer wont wear short sleved tops and smothers himseld in factor 50

Please do let him now he's not alone in his worrying!

it's such a bad feeling :/

Jo1981
03-01-12, 20:51
Im exactly the same as we live in a hot country im constantly paranoid and i have lots of new freckles that i worry about..wish i wasnt so worried all the time :(