PDA

View Full Version : So worried

jade1978
02-01-12, 13:02
Have had a horrid panicked miserable Christmas and New Year. My symptoms are out of control, and are now constant unless I am in bed, or drinking alcohol which I know is not the answer. Ive had constant pins and needles in my arms/legs and face, my face feels full of pressure, even my sight feels out of focus, my left ear feels full and tender too. I ended up in a & e a week before christmas as the left side of my body went numb, after carrying out an ecg and a ct scan they let me home. Both were clear. I now have a neurologist appointment on Friday and if he suggests and MRI I don't know how I will deal with the waiting. I feel my life is on hold at the moment, I feel unable to look after my children properly, I am behind with University work, I'm supposed to be on a training course in the next couple of weeks as well as volunteering at my children's school for work experience. Just want to feel better so I can get on with my life.

amyamyamy14
02-01-12, 13:25
Had face numbness around a year ago, made my family take me to emergency at the hospital at 11pm and stayed until 4am. After all these tests I found out it was nothing. I still get, got it today. I also get pins and needles in my fingers. Even though I know it's nothing, I always assume the worst.

I know it is hard doing this (I struggle to do it) but whenever you get worked up take some slow breaths, go for a walk, listen to music, even jump around and dance if you need to. You just have to try and forget all about it. You probably won't have much time to do this but reading is very effective I have found.

It must be hard to raise children, and go to university at the same time. Im 18 and go Uni and I find it very stressful. Good-luck, and stay strong :)