PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Recovery Partner - USA ONLY

Sit2Know
02-01-12, 15:13
I am looking for a healing partner or partners. I have recovered twice before from severe anxiety and once in my early 20's being housebound and having had hideous medical treatment for the anxiety - so I know I can do it again.

What was so critical in my second recovery was our community anxiety group. We all had a list of phone numbers to call when things were rough or just to cheer each other on and keep the recover work going. That was over 20 years ago and many are still lifelong friends.

One thing I know about most anxiety people is we dabble in recovery - trying things and when they don’t bring immediate results we stop and try something else or just stop trying. This is where recovery partners really help - especially if you have people always searching for new options.

What I know about full recovery is it is like a puzzle - if you are missing any piece you either wont recover or you partially recover until the next trigger takes you down. This time I have spun into such severe nervous system compromise it wont let me recover with half measures - I tried and it wont work!!!

So here is what I am doing to recover

Diet - tried cheating with a few sweet goodies and it did not work. Now I eat a balanced diet higher in complex carbs - moderate fats and ample quality protein. Also important I eat all day long with small amounts to keep the blood glucose level - this prevents adrenalin release. Eat near organically and no junk.

Exercise- I have been an avid fitness person all my life. It is frustrating now that my body wont accommodate hard exercise like weight lifting or running - it makes everything worse. So I walk 3 miles in the morning and 2 or 3 in the afternoons and if the weather is decent I bike 6 to 10 miles.

Breathing - this is perhaps the most critical for recovery - I wont do into this in detail but I have discovered new treatments for anxiety with new methods I will be starting this week.

Spirituality - religion is an impediment for me but I have deep spiritual beliefs and feel like it is important

Thoughts and CBT -OK here is my real challenge. Terrible childhood and hard wired to go to catastrophic in a flash. Working hard in it but have a long ways to go.

I wont ever touch another psyche drug - I have been though both benzo and antidepressant withdrawal and never had this bad of anxiety before I took them. I truly believe they left my nervous system damaged.

A bit about me: I am medically trained and have been a researcher all my life. I am mature and married to my soul mate whom I love more every year after 29 years so I am not looking for anything more than a friend.

If you are really wanting to work a FULL recovery program and do the hard work I would welcome a phone recovery partner ( I don’t do well with sitting and email typing so actual phone contact is best). We can do this and we don’t have to do it alone!!!