PDA

View Full Version : Rough tongue, sore gums that burn, sinusitis help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zonja.j
02-01-12, 16:48
Guys,
I am mega struggling right about now. It all started when I had a tooth die three months ago. Whilst waiting for my root canal I discovered a small spot in my mouth (turns out its part of my mouth as there is one opposite :-s), but that spot is very sore, I can't remember if it's sore because I keep rubbing it or weather it got that way but I don't think it was sore to begin with. Now sometimes I can make myself think the otherside hurts. On top of that my tongue is sore and rough, I am not sure if it is this way because I keep rubbing it on that spot and along my teeth or yet again if it just got that way. On top of that I had a gum infection a few days ago and gums are still red and swollen and according to my gp I have sinusitus so he has but me on anti biotics for that, my lymph nodes are also swollen. Basicly I'm crapping it, I have two small babies and I'm scared. I just want to know if anyone else here has got a burng mouth and or rough tongue. Oh gosh, melt down :(

Trish
02-01-12, 17:19
Hiya

Your tongue is no doubt sore because you are rubbing on the back of your teeth and the spot, you may not realize you are doing it. Also if you are taking antibiotics they can sometimes give you oral thrush and that too can give you a sore mouth.

I suffer oral thrush at times due to my steroid inhalers, and it gets really sore at times.

Try not to worry to much (easier said than done, I know:blush:) Pop back to see your GP and get him to take a look again, if it will make you feel better.

Hugs

Trish x

Zonja.j
02-01-12, 17:57
Aw, thanks Trish your a star. I am of coarse worrying it's something mega bad. The white stuff does scrape off a little but not completely, is that normal?

iluvstaffies1
02-01-12, 19:24
My tongue is like that. It has white stuff on it that doesn't completely scrape off. Am sure it's ok.

I also have a swollen spot at the inside corner of my mouth that I cant leave alone now and again. Its been there forever and my dentist has never mentioned it, but my tongue does get sore when I am obsessing about stuff in my mouth.

I am obsessed with my mouth so I know how you must be feeling, but try not to worry x