PDA

View Full Version : drove my daughter!!

Paddington
08-06-06, 14:45
hi everyone,just thought i would tell you,i drove my daughter to her job interview today:Di have been fretting about it 4 a month[Sigh...]well i got upfeelin rotton and scared,but there was no way i was gunna let her down so off we went in the blazing heat[that is enough to make me panic[:I]]well it was [OK]...i did stall once and got a bit shaky.But i managed to drive her back to her place of work and then drive home ALONE:DSo i do hope this is a start to conquering my driving phobia..i learnt off here that the fear is worse than the action that is making you fearful![thanks 'wish']thanks everyone love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Alexandra
08-06-06, 14:52
Hi Mary

WELL DONE

Excellent to hear your news with the driving especially in this heat.

All the best for your daughter's interview hope something comes of it.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trac67
08-06-06, 15:04
Hi Mary Rose,

Well done what an achievement, keep up the good work, you have now proved to yourself that you can do it.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

honeybee3939
08-06-06, 15:11
Great News Mary Rose !!!

I am thrilled to hear your good news !

Thats a brilliant achievment !

WELL DONE !

love

Andrea
xxx

jackie
08-06-06, 15:41
i think you have proven that you are stronger than you think

well done

jackie

marie ross
08-06-06, 19:33
Well done Mary Rose

Thats brilliant, i hope you do more and more and gain confidence and feel less scared.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Paddington
09-06-06, 11:09
thanks 4 the replies you guys,i am on a high today too,after her geting the job as well,thanks all of you,and yes i feel this could be a breakthru,i must not sit on my backside and slide back into 'the fear',i will try really hard not to.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

india
09-06-06, 11:12
Well done you!!!

Love India xx

Southern_Belle
09-06-06, 15:14
Hi Mary Rose,

Great job! I know now that you will have so much more freedom now that you have conquered this. Congrats to your daughter as well!

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

lildutt
09-06-06, 21:19
well done hun keep it up

Paddington
10-06-06, 16:37
oh cheers guys,i am not allowing myself to feel the 'fear'..i know it will take some time to be relaxed but that is ok too...will keep you posted on my travels as they crop up!for instance my son asked me for a lift to the drs yesterday and i didnt go running scard and use excuses as i would normally do,i just did it!!!I stalled again but SO WHAT!!...So her's to freedom!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
10-06-06, 18:40
Mary Rose

A huge well done for you and what fab progress.

Don't forget to go back and do it again soon to reassure you that you will be fine each time.

Nicola

Karen
10-06-06, 23:39
Well done Mary Rose. You proved to yourself that you can do it.

Hope you can keep practising now to reinforce the belief in yourself that you can do it and cope.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Paddington
14-06-06, 10:44
hello,it's hell on wheels here,ha ha ha!!An update on the driving...picked my daughter up from her school,drove her to her new school and then to the local supemarket!!I did get panicy when i mounted the curb to avoid a 4 by 4 that came speeding upthe hill ,it was pouring with rain too.thought ny hear would pop it was pounding so!I still drag my other half with me but he doesnt mind,next step is back to driving alone!!!Ooh ANDi have made an appointment at the opticians[thanks 4 the encouragment trevor]it is on friday and in A SHOPPING CENTRE AGH!!! Well i need new specs as i dropped mine and i look like jack duckworth ha ha ha!!Will report back as to how it goes,or whether i run from the building!Oops there goes that imagination again!!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Coni
14-06-06, 13:34
Hi Mary Rose,

just been reading your thread and I just wanted to say its great to hear you sounding so positive! You really are doing well and to me you're an inspiration!

By the way never pictured you as Jack Duckworth!

Take care

Coni X

Paddington
14-06-06, 15:15
thanks coni,i read nic's driving thread today,now THERE is inspiration!!!Tho thanks 4 saying i am too:) Going to shops later,hope no more curb bashing goes on!!ha ha ha.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paddington
15-06-06, 10:10
oh pants,didn't make it to the shops!But,it was not that i was scared to drive!!??I felt really poorly,all of a sudden[so health anxiety kicked in]still feel ruff today,and scared bout the opticians in the mall tomorrow,but i am not going to cancel it,i will face the fear,i dont want to go backwards!Will let you know how it goes.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxx

Alexandra
15-06-06, 11:21
Good luck Mary with the trip to the mall you can do it hun.

Take Care:)

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

heths
15-06-06, 11:44
Hi Mary Rose,

You've been doing really well. Good luck with the appointment at the optitians tomorrow, I believe you can do it.

Heather x

Paddington
15-06-06, 13:19
oh thanks Alex and Heather,i have been on the phone with a fellow sufferer and we have put the world to rights and had a good laugh too!I dont think this weather helps us,i know it has had an effect on you Alex.The air pressure is so oppresive,yuk,hope i feel better 4 trip tomorrow,fingers crossed!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx