PDA

View Full Version : Leg aches

mike_coventry_uk
02-01-12, 20:53
I have had aching leg muscles for the last few days. My calf muscles particularly feel achey! I can still walk but feel like I need to rest all the time to make them feel better

Any idea wat can cause this? Is it worth a to visit? I had a full blood test recent and all my results were normal levels.

Anyone?......

Sabre
02-01-12, 21:07
Hi Buddy!

I also suffer from achy legs! are you quite a nervous person? i know i am due to this anxiety! and i believe that are muscles ache due to the tension we are constantly under! Do your legs feel heavy, achy and like a dragging feeling? if so they are properly fatigued through tension!
I also suffer from worry and it feels like all my muscles all over my body are 'adjusting' and 'shaking' every few minuets, its always worst when i try relaxing and it feels like i am going to have seizure or something, the muscle and nerves inside my body all shake, it really does scare me, do you ever feel like this as well? also sometimes my limbs jerk and start twiching and you can actually see the muscle twich! i try to convince myself it just cause i have suffered from anxiety and worry for so long! but its difficult to do so!
Do you ever feeling anything like this as well? am desperate to know if it is just a sympton of my anxiety!

Rob

mike_coventry_uk
02-01-12, 21:17
Hi rob,

I have to say my anxiety has got better but yes my legs feel heavy and I do feel like I have to make a lot of effort to walk,I do think it's anxiety related I also think the more u tend to focus on tithe worse it seems, I have a lot of hot baths to relax the muscles,also raising your legs wen u sleep is a good idea,try putting some pillows under ur legs! I have had several symptoms of anxiety and I know anything can be related, I have also had episodes of muscle twitching mainly in my arms! Do not worry it is almost certainly anxiety!

Mike

Sabre
02-01-12, 21:31
Cheers Mike i will try that tonight :).

You ever read a book by Claire Weekes, essential help for your nerves?
She describes achy legs as jelly legs, and explains well how are legs muscle feal weaker then all other muscle and does really reassure your mind, after reading this i always feel better and know no matter how weak my legs feel its only my anxiety sending the wrong signals, and i know that they will keep on carrying me and i dont need to sit down i can keep doing what it is i am doing!
Just this twiching and trembling inside has really got to me at the moment, i will try your technique tonight and i am glad i am also speaking to someone who has experienced twiching before, really does reassure me!

Thanks Buddy :)

mike_coventry_uk
02-01-12, 21:50
Are u on any meds?

Sabre
02-01-12, 21:56
Just propranolol only a small dose as my blood prssure is always very low but these are the only meds i can take!

I have tried citalopram and sertreline (not sure on spellings lol) but i couldnt hack them, so i got told just to stay on a small does of propranolol!

How about you?

mike_coventry_uk
02-01-12, 22:09
Yer I took well to citalopram first time but the serts made me shake badly.... That's why I asked! Propranolol are generally better accepted by the body I think but not quite as good for anxiety more to control heart rate! If you can get t some cbt would do good.... That cured my fears after a 3 month course, I still relapse but I deal with it far better so worth a sho if u can get it!

Sabre
02-01-12, 22:27
Yeah my very first symptons was fast heart rate, pains in chest and arms and face, and first time it happened i went to A+E and they said i had a chest infection and had a anxiety attack, go see my own GP, so i did got some anti biotics and but me on 120mg of propranolol a day, felt ok for around 2-3weeks then had another attack, this time had to call for an ambulance my blood pressure was very low and my heart rate fast so they took me hospital and i stayed in for 2 nights and they put me on bisoprolol and to see my GP about anxiety meds, so again i did tried both cit and sert and couldnt do any, so my GP took me of the bisoprolol and told me go back on propranolol but only a 30mg dose! i tried explaining that the reason the hospital took me off propranolol was cause of my low blood pressure and put me on bisoprolol to slow my heart down! but he said a lose dose of propanolol will be ok and will help alittle with my anxiety where as the bisoprolol want!
I am sure my docs will help sort something out for me they have done bloods before and my B12, mag and zinc have come back low on some occasions but always come back up, maybe one of them have dropped again but i have been eating well! i have an appointment on friday so i will be letting them know how i have been over the last few days!
For now i will try your pillow technique :) and just keep trying to relax got to stay positive, thanks for talking with me Mike :D