PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Lauren87
02-01-12, 22:53
My name is Lauren. I'm 24 years old and have just found this site. I was diagnosed with OCD, Social anxiety, depression and agoraphobia when I was 15, and have been to no fewer than 10 therapists and been on medication ever since. I also suffer from a stomach condition. I still live with my parents as I can't cope on my own and I have lost all my friends. I can't work and I am desperately lonely. I badly want my life back, but having been stuck this way since my teens I have no idea how to live a normal life. I have missed out on many important milestones and have never been a fully functional adult. The world is overwhelmingly scary to me. I have no idea where to go from here.

diane07
02-01-12, 22:54
Hi Lauren87

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

MeganRebecca
03-01-12, 06:45
Hi Lauren,

I'm so sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you.
I'm 21 and have had problems with social anxiety, panic attacks and self harm from a young age - luckily, although I have had some bad periods, I have managed to hold down a full time job and lead a fairly normal life.

I find the most difficult thing for me is that no one close to me understands why I feel or act the way I do.

I hope you find this site useful and make friends on here.

Megan