PDA

View Full Version : Really angry with myself i,ve let myself down..

Greenman50
02-01-12, 23:07
I,m really annoyed with myself tonight :mad::mad::mad:
I,ve not had a good few weeks with anxiety even though i,ve been on citralpram 20 mg for nearly a year which got rid of the depression and anxiety but its crept back over the last 3 weeks .
Its all started when the DR i saw just before xmas (not my usual one) called me in for a meds review about the cit 20 mg and stomach acid meds i,ve been on for 12 months . My stomach is ok most of the time , my usual Dr is ok with me takeing the lansoprazole 30 mg as my symtoms improved (nearly went) and she said as i,ve put on weight , got 90 % better stomach wise , had all the blood tests (all ok ) i can carry on with the meds and just get the citralpram reviewed as in comeing off them slowly .
This DR wanted to increase my dose of citralapram :ohmy:, as i said i would panick haveing to go for a ENDOSCOPE as i still have stomach issues and ibs , the ibs i,ve had for 20 years anyway and one affects the other so i see no point in haveing the endscope done as most symtoms are ibs anyway .
I was only in there 4 minutes and i felt like he wasn,t listening .
Since the visit i,ve had a really bad stomach , terrible ibs and a lump in my throat .
Tonight i had severve chest pains , short of breath and felt really panicky .

I,M REALLY ANNOYED WITH MYSELF BECAUSE I TURNED TO ALCOHOL TO CALM DOWN :mad::mad::doh::doh:
I had done so well over the last few weeks not drinking 4-5 cans at night and had 3 days off , 2 days on , one day etc and i was doing great .

Now i,ve had a drink , the tight throat has gone , the breathing is fine , so it was me doing it to myself .

Not sure of the way forward now :shrug:, do i increase the citralapram ??, or just give myself a good kick up the arse in the morning and use the techniques here.....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

I,m buggered if this anxiety (and drink :mad::mad:) is going to beat me this year but i,ve let myself down already on the 2nd of January .

I want my old self back .

RANT OVER , SORRY :blush::blush:

pinkdove
02-01-12, 23:18
You have not let yourseld down mel, you got yourself all worked up after your appointment, and the anxiety kicked in again.

It is not a crime to have a drink, especially at this time of year, you will feel better tomorrow, and you can get back on the wagon again lol,

don't be too hard on yourself, as for the cit, get another appointment with your usual gp, one that will listen, and take it from there, hope you feel better tommorow, and forget about today, give yourself a break take care x

Greenman50
03-01-12, 01:54
Thanks mate :hugs:

Going to have a better day tommorow even if i have to force myself i,m sick of all this .

X

Greenman50
03-01-12, 12:36
Wow....i feel great today :)
Thats the best nights sleep i,ve had in months i only got up at 12 pm :D

I,m going the gym with a mate tonight so thats my evening sorted which involves no drink .

Thanks again .

pinkdove
03-01-12, 17:49
Really pleased for you mel well done !!!