PDA

View Full Version : cardiologist appointment today

Zach82782
03-01-12, 00:07
I had my first Cardiologist appointment today due to concerns surrounding my anxiety symptoms. He ran an electro at the office and everything turned out normal. He is putting me through a battery of tests though. I'm currently wearing a 24 hour holter monitor. I have to go in thursday for an Echo/Ultrasound of my heart and I have to go get bloodwork to test thyroid functions. I hope this provides me with some reassurance because it is going to cost me a fortune. The only minor issue he mentioned was that my blood pressure was on the high side (138/72). Probably due to white coat or something. This monitor is making me nervous though... I dont know what is worse worrying about these test results or paying for it all. I wish the health care where I lived was a little more reasonable in terms of price...

nomorepanic
03-01-12, 00:24
Your blood pressure is not high at all so no idea why they told you that.

Babikins
03-01-12, 01:04
That's a very healthy bp!

AngelHeart
03-01-12, 01:30
That BP is perfect :) Good luck with the tests am sure they will be fine x

ewood79
03-01-12, 03:10
Your blood pressure is not high at all so no idea why they told you that.

That is actually perfect BP!

jessicalittler79
03-01-12, 03:40
that bp seems fine to me :)

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

sorry i was going to ask how old u was??if u dont mind telling me

Dazza
03-01-12, 10:29
I get so confused about blood pressure. When I read the blood pressure charts on the British Blood Pressure Association's website, it says that my blood pressure (often around 135/80) is 'pre-high blood pressure'. I'm told that 120/80 or less is ideal. yEt, when I have blood pressure tests, doctors says my 130 0r 135/80 is normal. A couple of weeks ago it was 140/80, they said it was up a little, but nothing to really worry about...just eat less salt.

I guess I sometimes rely on this site for 'reliable' and 'trustable' info about these things, but I get many mixed messages online about what exactly IS normal blood pressure?

Btw, your blood pressure (to original thread poster) does sound quite normal according to what my doctors have said to me about mine.

Good luck with the heart tests, I'm sure all will be fine. I've had the whole works done due to the symptoms I was getting (sever chest pains with pressure in chest, numbness in arms, breathlessness etc)... ALL heart results were NORMAL!

Let us know how you get on. :)