PDA

View Full Version : here we go again....

amy3
03-01-12, 05:14
Hiya everyone...hope everyone is feeling okay :) Im on here just seeking reasurrance..yet again!!! I suffer with health anxiety/death phobia and have been for 4 years now... my anxiety has been stable for over a year now, but it's unfortunately come back with avengance!!!! I recently found out my dads best friend who I've only met twice just dropped dead from a blood clot in his lung...and I am freaking out!!! That just made me feel a million times worse...:( I don't know how to get it out of my head. I'm just gonna name a few symptoms that I'm getting at the moment, just for my benefit, so I can feel a bit normal lol... I've been getting this very strange feeling in my chest, its like a heavy feeling and sometimes spasms a little, its mainly at the top of my chest near my breast bone and can sometimes move around my chest and can move to my back... i also get skipped beats at the same time with chest pains.. it really scares me :(((( sometimes I feel like a tickle in my throat like I need to burp at the same time too..at times I get this mad head rush that makes my vision go funny., been feeling really off balance too even when sitting and lying down. I have a cold at the moment and I'm not sleeping very well, which just tops it all off! I just can't seem to shift this horrible gut feeling, its that severe it makes me just want to run away!!! wish I was normal.............. thanks for reading and if you suffer with any of these symptoms, please let me know :)

Dazza
03-01-12, 12:05
I've had all the symptoms and then some! heheh.

I share your fear of death, actually mine is fear of sudden death about which you speak. I don't really fear cancer like I fear heart attack or stroke, or as you say, the dreaded blood clots!

I don't know what to say to make u feel better, because I have the same fear, which I managed to be on top of most of the time and not let it freak me out...but sometimes it gets the better of me and i usually end up in ER when it's like that.

All I can do it give you my sympathy.

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

I just found this interesting article online about fear of sudden death and suggestions as to how we can overcome it. It's interesting.

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/fear-of-sudden-death/how-to-overcome/

I was interested to read the bit about 'anchoring' so I will read more online about it to see if anyone explains how do to it without having to pay for it... should be able to get the technique online. :)