PDA

View Full Version : Acid Reflux, back ache

hazy
03-01-12, 09:40
I have suffered with acid reflux for a year on and off but every time it strikes, or I think it strikes my HA kicks in to make me exadgerate and think its something more serious.

I have heard that some people who have heart attacks start with back pain, also cervical cancer you get back pain to, so this is what I am panicing over now. I have been lugging furniture about so is this why I have back ache? It is right in the centre reaching right across, when I raise my shoulders and bring my arms to my front it aches right across my back. I took paracetamol and it made no difference though? I am sick of panicing over health matters, I know I have been under an enormous amount of stress recently but for every ache and pain I panic and think its serious, I dred going to the Doctor for those dredded words that I need tests etc and the panic striken moments between the appointment and the tests appointment? Any words of support?

lizamoran
03-01-12, 18:43
Stress and moving furniture could DEFINITELY cause plenty of back pain. Hang in there. I suspect you're fine. Try to relax (I know it's easier said than done!). But back aches are so common, both in the general population and especially among anxiety sufferers. Usually innocuous.

nomorepanic
03-01-12, 18:50
I have a back ache but unlike you I assume I have pulled it somehow or slept funny.

Try not to imagine the worst as it rarely comes true.

How long have you had it for? Mine has been weeks now.