PDA

View Full Version : do i have cervical cancer

selphie
03-01-12, 20:27
hi everybody
im sooooooooooo scared at the moment i feel so alone and worried im keeping it from my husbend im snappy missrable and i just dont know what to do
i become a member because i suffer with ectopics and i found this forum and i was helped by lots of really nice ppl.

i was cleared by a cardiologist who confirmed that i was suffering from ectopic beats and the heart monitor showed nothing wrong with my heart and it helped alot to just carry on with life.
but now i have a new worry and im so scared i really dont know what to do and i need some help.

i had a baby boy ten months ago it was a normal pregnancy and a painfull one but normal.
the only worry i really had was at 20 week scan they said that i had a fibroid 5 cms in my womb they dident seem bothered i remember at first hearing them talk whispering whats that a fibroid a cyst???? then they put on my notes fibroid on the right wall and said they would have to check in a couple of months if it was in the way of the birth canal.
so i went back for the scan and they said that they couldent see it and that sometimes the baby gets in the way and you cant see it.
they just left it at that and nothing ever was said about it i had the baby and that was that.

my first period after was so heavy that it scared me coz the docs always said that you your period should gush gush and stop but mine dident it just gushed when i got up and dident stop so my hubby took me to hospital where i was examined but they told me itwas just a heavy period and gave me some pills to stop the bad bleeding which it did.
every period after tho was still really heavy not really bad but very heavy but i just got on with it.

i was just accepting the periods but i had a brownie discharge in between periods but that went and i dident see the doctor.
but then i had a period on the 18th november and instead of the usaul of bleeding heavily for the first 2 days and then light for the next 3 i had light bleeding for 5 days then it went to real heavy and it lasted for ten days instead of 5 this worried me but i was still scared to see the doctor.
then i thought i would wait to see what the next one would be like i came on on the 12th december just 14 days after i came off and thought i had enough and better see the doctor to tell her i wanted rid of my periods she said we better give you an ultrasound and find out whats going on and now i have it in my head that i have cervical cancer im crying myself asllep at night worrying bout my kids being left alone im so convinced ive got it i feel like i got constant period pain and stabbing pains.

can you put pains in your body????? or think that you have pains and then get em?????

im on a diet ive been on one for bout 16 weeks coz i had put on alot of weight after the birth of my son ive gone from a size 18 to a 14 now im thinking is it the diet or cancer?????.
im waitng now for my letter for my scan but its giving me so many sleepless nights.:scared15::unsure::unsure:
what happens if the time they said it was a fibroid it was cancer they saw???? please give me some advice i really need some help:scared15:

nomorepanic
03-01-12, 20:32
I have fibroids and have very heavy periods every 14 days so I think this is the case with you as well.

selphie
03-01-12, 20:37
thanks for that nicola ive been googling and i wish i never its made things worse it even said that fibroids dont make your periods irregular thats when it really scared me im just looking everwhere for answersxxx:blush:

nomorepanic
03-01-12, 20:54
oh they do make them irregular. I have no idea when I will get mine nowadays so it is very hard at times because I can't be prepared if you know what I mean.

The doc wants me to get the Mirena Coil fitted but I have declined so far but there are other options you can try as well.

How old are you can I ask?

kate
04-01-12, 19:45
It could also be that your Hormone levels still need to sort themselves out after you having a baby!

Have you had a date come through for your scan?

Wishing you all the best xxx

sickandtired
04-01-12, 20:01
I suffered with very heavy periods after the birth of my 2nd daughter 9 years ago,(lasting 3 weeks in EVERY month....I only got 1 weeks break )I was worried sick because I was losing very large blood clots and was passing out....my blood count dropped to 8....
I was convinced I had ovarian cancer,etc but after a scan,laparoscopy,hysteroscopy they said there was nothing sinister apart from a few adhesions which is normal with a section.I wasnt producing any progesterone ,and my womb lining was double the normal thickness (hence heavy periods)
after all that worrying and sleepless nights it was found I just had a hormonal imbalance!!! the relief!!
It didnt end there though....it took a change of doctors and several years to get the heavy bleeding sorted,as I tried tablets,Mirena coil twice ,herbal remedies.......
I now take the mini pill Cerazette and it has stopped my period completely -HEAVEN!! :yahoo:

macc noodle
04-01-12, 20:03
Fibroids are little menaces but the docs. generally leave them unless they are causing you problems.

Maybe you will need to have yours removed - but don't worry - it is much of a nothingness and you will be fine if it needs doing :)

I am sure that it would not be cancer - they are pretty well trained to know the difference hon. And, in any event, if you have a cancerous tumour during a pregnancy the pregnancy hormones tend to trigger rapid growth so there would be no way that they would not see the tumour at the scan I am sure.

If the doc was really concerned you would have a scan quickly and not have to wait so I should take that as a positive sign.

Goodluck

macc noodle
xx

Aillie
08-01-12, 14:53
Don't google. It's not helpful.
I would think the heavy periods are consistent with the fibroids. If your up to date with your smears etc cervical cancer should not be so much of a concern. Hope you get to the bottom of wat causing heavy bleeding soon.

selphie
26-01-12, 22:28
hi everybody thanks for all your comments ive not been on here as went through a bad patch and found it hard to talk to anyone as my nervesness got the better of me and i just needed time out to be alone which dident really help as it made me ten times worse.
my husebend has been great bless him and has convinced me to get back on to no panic again so here i am.
thanks nicola for putting me right bout fibroids making periods irregular as i googled and was informed wrong which dident help that was my thought for googling.

thanks for all your other help my periods being heavy have been a worry but the last period i had was normal lasting 5 days again which is what it usaully is its still a bit heavy and this really does scare me esp when i get up and it gushes without feeling like it is going to stop.
i have my scan tommorow and this has made me sick thinking bout it twice tonight i still got that horrible feeling that i have cancer and no matter how i try i cant stop.
funny thing i had a letter that came through telling me that it was time for my 3 yearly smear test which i had monday now i just got to wait for the results i havent had an abnormal result b4 and i have my smears regular.
i just hope that they dont find anything sinister and that im ok until its over its going to be another sleepless night for me againxxx:ohmy:

Savannah
28-01-12, 06:14
My friend has fibroids. She has heavy periods every 3 weeks.

I hope your scan abd Snead results are good news. Let us know x

LizeeeH
28-01-12, 13:38
I had ectopic heartbeats and fibroids!!!:D

My ectopics come and go depending how anxious Iam but they are not life threatening:yesyes: I had an hysterectomy 10 years ago because of the HUGE fibroid but I was in my late 40's.Im sure your scan will be fine, so gud luck hun and please try not to worry:yesyes:

Deb51967
28-01-12, 18:32
Hi Selphie

I am now 44 yr old, and when I was 29 after the birth of twins and a sterilization, I suffered for years.

It was after scans and laparoscopy that they found fibroids and adhesions. I was only clear of a period for 4 days a month and the pain went up to my breasts and down to my knees.

I had a hysterectomy at the age of 29 and never looked back. I was lucky that I had had my family and didn't want any more. I believe now that they can just remove the fibroid and lining of the womb. There are alternative remedies, but I never looked back after that surgery.

Hope you feel better soon, and Good Luck Hun x

selphie
29-01-12, 12:10
hi everbody i had my scan and they told me what they told me when i was pregnant that i had a big fat juicy fibroid thats how she said it same place right wall of the womb 5cm what it was when scanned when i was carrying my baby.
i told her my worrys and she said ive seen enough of these to know what it is.
she said if it was cancer then its been a year and it would have grown but its stayed the same size.
its left me feeling alot better now i hope that the doc will help me with my periods now i have another one coming up and i know it will be heavy and the amount of blood scares me:weep:

NattyOne
29-01-12, 15:50
Good to hear it's definitely a fibroid. I have problems with the darn things too - they're all intramural (not in the uterus cavity). At the moment I'm getting alot of bloating - hoping it'll pass... I've put it down to the fibroids pushing on the intestines or slightly unhealthy diet since the New Year. I seem to go through bouts of this from time to time. But makes me feel really low. When I was pregnant one of my fibroids ballooned to 16cm (no lie), then died off, leaving me with a hard benign lump - now 4cm. But I have new fibroids now... I hope that they naturally die off too, but long before they reach 16cm...

As for the bleeding that's a pain. I was offered the Mirena coil, but not too keen on the idea personally. But lots of women swear by it. My hormones seem weird at the best of times - ectopic beats, etc. Mind you I'm 42, so approaching the perimenopause I suppose.

All the best. NattyOne.

selphie
24-02-12, 14:59
thanks natty one...... seems my last 2 periods have gone back to being normal again 5 days with the first 2 days being heaviest.
i really wish i knew why they went so haywire and lasting to long.
i also dont want that coil that they advised you to have thats a bit to worrying for me lol.
ive stopped worrying about the fibroid and my periods and i had me cervical smear come back normal so im trying to get on without wottying im sure something will come along soon to make me worry again but until then im going to try and get on the best way i canxxx:D