PDA

View Full Version : pinpricks of light

cruft
03-01-12, 23:23
hi, have been getting these for absolutely ages, not constantly just occasionally but it worries me every time i see them. they are like a tiny pinprick of light just appearing so quick then disappearing again as quick as they came, when i look in the direction its in they go, they are tiny little pin size bits of light, sometimes white sometimes blue, dont know if the colour is of any significance, i have a floater i think, that has been there years, and the light is almost always on that side , its not directly in my eye, its as if they are a few feet away, does anyone else get this , would really appreciate some feedback, i darent go and get my eyes tested as last time i went the optician asked if i had high blood pressure, i told him no and he said you should go get it checked. i panicked and went straight to my gp who reassured me it was fine and had no idea why the optician would say this, i had it checked two weeks later by the nurse and it was fine again, i hate feeling so panicky

lauz_lea
04-01-12, 06:59
Hi Cruft, I've had these on an off for a while. I also found I needed to wear my glasses more than usual, sometimes all day.

I went to the optician a few months ago thinking I must need new glasses and mentioned it. They referred my to the eye hospital to rule out anything serious, and all was fine.

I have since discovered, via the symptoms section of NMP (the link down the left side of the site), that this is normal/common with anx suffers as there are so many nerves in our eyes and its really just the nerves reacting to our anx.

I would still suggest getting it checked and ruling out anything more serious though, it could also be due to your blood pressure.

---------- Post added at 06:59 ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 ----------

Heres the link for the symptoms section:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/