PDA

View Full Version : Please Help -- Frightening Sleep Issues

NY777
04-01-12, 01:04
Hi everyone -- I'm new here, and so thankful to have found a "support group" of sorts (I've been looking for one for some time). Like the rest of you, I suffer from horrible health anxiety.

Here's my issue for the past month... I seem to be able to get 4-6 hours of sleep before waking up. When I wake up, I wake up shaky all over my torso arms, chest, neck, etc.). Sometimes it's visible, sometimes it's an "inner shaking" feeling.

The problem is that when I go back to sleep to try to get a couple of extra hours, or when try to take a nap, I'm jolted awake every single time just as I've started drifting off to sleep. When I'm jolted awake, I'm trembling, shaking in my torso. I can usually feel the bed shake beneath me, and my pulse is usually raised. Once I wake up, I can never get back to sleep.

I saw my gp and he did an EKG (normal just with a high pulse -- probably because I was a nervous wreck), a comprehensive metabolic panel blood test (everything completely normal). I also had normal blood pressure.

To make the situation more complicated.... I take Prilosec with Celexa. I was recently (about a month ago) told to discontinue the Prilosec, as it may have been raising the level of Celexa in my blood. I'm wondering if anyone has had this specific symptom upon SSRI withdrawal?

My ENT wants me to take a sleep study, thinks I could also have apnea. She also said that acid reflux worsens apnea (I certainly have more acid after quitting Prilosec).

If the sleep study turns out normal, I don't know where to even start after that... I'm not sure if I need a cardiologist, GI doctor, etc. I'm terrified of talking to a neurologist.

Folks... I'm frightened. I've worked myself into such a frenzy that I'm kind of shaky all day long now (though I am sure that part is my nerves).

Is there anyone on here who might be able to calm me down, and/or offer some reassurance?

Thank you all so much in advance. I know everyone here can empathize with doing a number on your own head. If anyone finds these symptoms familiar, please write back.