PDA

View Full Version : Aneurysm, Brain Tumor. Please help me :(

CJA09
04-01-12, 12:28
I dont know where else to turn. I feel like i'm going mad and am going to lose my mind. I'm comsumed with anxiety and panick attacks.
I had a naty cold/sinus problem about 6 weeks ago which left me with an on/off whooshing in my left ear and occasional dizzyness. It was worse at night time but it's happening ALOT and can get very loud. Saw Dr 2 weeks back and she prescribed an nose spray which I have used for 2 weeks but had no change. Saw her again today and have been refered to ENT.
Stupidly Googled symptoms and now am in a total state as scared it could be an aneurysm or tumor. If it was an aneurysm it could rupture and be fatal. I'm so scared, cant stop crying and shaking :*(

Mindful
04-01-12, 12:53
Were you suffering panic and anxiety before the sinus problems began?

CJA09
04-01-12, 13:01
yes, but not to this extent. I've suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for many years and in the last year have suffered with HA. I'm so afraid :(

nomorepanic
04-01-12, 13:40
The doctor would not let you walk around with anything serious like this going on so please forget it is even that.

Sounds to me like an infection of some kind or possibly tinnitus or Labyrinthitis but the ENT people will reassure you on that

CJA09
04-01-12, 14:24
I'm sure the dr wouldnt but she cant see deep inside. Said my ear was all clear, so what else is going on :(

milkcarton
04-01-12, 14:42
Hey, you appear to be having the same symptoms as me; sinus tension, dizzyness and worry! Have you carried on with ur daily chores/gone to work? I suffered a bad dizzyness at work yesterday and still feel rough today! Worried I won't get better or that it will take a long time, your Dr sounds like they're doing the right thing by testing, I hope mine clears up soon but if not then I'll do the same thing.

Hope you feel better soon though

nomorepanic
04-01-12, 15:03
Ok so it followed a cold and sinus infection. They can take time to clear up I believe so probably something left over from that

miggymoggy
04-01-12, 19:46
If they even suspected a tumour of aneurysm then they would sent you for a brain scan, not ENT!!

Sinus problems can be a nightmare, trust me, I really suffer. You could have a sinus infection or something like that?

Please try not to worry x

milkcarton
04-01-12, 22:21
Do you need a full on cold to have a sinus problem? I am starting to get a full on cold now but had a sinus headache for the past few days

CJA09
04-01-12, 22:37
Thank you everyone who has taken the time to reply and reassure me. I have calmed down a bit but still very anxious. wondering if I should try and go private and see a dr asap!? (I dont have private insurance) But at least I'd be seen quicker.
I hate HA! I wish i could be normal and not so scared all the time :(

Em.ma
04-01-12, 22:41
You have seen the doc. she has reffered you on but she would not of let you out that room if she thought there was any danger to your health x

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

ps my doc told me after an ear infection it could take weeks after the anti biotics for some of the feelings in my ears to go x

CJA09
04-01-12, 22:44
Thank you Emma, I hope this is the case and it's just taking time to clear up. I love you quotes btw - I should take note! x

Em.ma
04-01-12, 22:49
Haha. I should take note of them aswell :D
I wouldn't worry. My deaf feeling in my ear took over a month to go. That was after i finished my anti biotics.
I had a cold which cleared then turned into an sinus, throat and ear infection. I felt awful lol.
I think its just taking time to clear up. after my 1st course of AB i still didnt feel right so i went back to see if i needed another course and he said no its just going to take time for your body to get over it.
Take Care :) x

CJA09
05-01-12, 13:38
Starting to feel a pressure and slight pain in this ear too now :( And I know I shouldn't google but I cant help it and then freak myself out even more.
Looked into seeing a Dr privately and it's £160 just for a consultation - so thats out of the question!
So tired of feeling like this and having the anxiety rule me again, I was doing ok :(

carefree68
06-01-12, 11:41
Must be a lot of this going around. Had the same thing but without cold. Had AB all over xmas period to clear up possible sinus/ear infection and a nasal spray. still have pressure and tinitus, and can feel movement deep inside ears but went to check if I need further AB and was told ears look clear and can take a few weeks for ears/body to recover, would not give me further AB.

Im sure its a ENT thing I have a lot of allergies which cause a lot of sinus rubbish.

Good luck its good its getting checked out
:hugs: