PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm getting worse

redredmac
04-01-12, 13:32
Hello Not posted for a while. I'm sorry for the long post.

Lately i feel like im getting worse. After having no luck with my doctor and being told to "Get on with it and it will go away" I have decied to move to a new surgary. I saw a doctor last night and tried to explain what was going on. Im having blood test done on Friday morning and have to go back on Wednesday for the results. The main things that i seam to get are..

Feeling off balance
Feeling Dizzy
Shaking of the hands and some times the legs and arms
Cant sleep
Waking up all hot sweaty and shakey

I've been feeling very low with all this and have been crying most days. I dont have anyone i can talk to about this and starting to feel very alone. And feel like im loosing my mind.

Today i walked into town and half way there i had this bad pain between my brest bone a bit like heartburn but it was really painfull and i could feel my heart pounding away and i felt really out of breath. It did kind of freek me out but it more upset me and made me very mad with myself for letting my mind do this to me. I walked all they way into town and did what i had to do and walked all the way home. It never entered my mind that i couldnt go into town.

Now I'm home im so upset with myself that this is happing to me and not sure really what to do. This sensation was all new to me and I'm worried that it will happen again. I'm working tomorrow and worried it will happen again and i can't deal with it so much as i did today.

How can i deal with this? I'm lost on what to do i'm finding it hard to battle on?

sickandtired
04-01-12, 14:11
It sounds like you,ve had a panic attack.They are very frightening and just the thought of having one can stop you doing everyday things.The thing is to try and not let it rule you,dont avoid people and places where the attacks occur,because it is usually nothing to do with that and you dont want to 'feed' your panic.
See the doctor...he may prescribe beta blockers,or anti depressants and/or CBT...It will be your choice.
In my case,after a few weeks of taking beta blockers,they werent working,as I had several more panic attacks,and this all happened before Xmas,so I was at my wits end.I ended up having some sort of breakdown,kept crying and felt like I was losing my mind,and I didnt want to leave the house or even visit friends.I did actually MAKE myself go out and I feel as if Ive won half the battle,but I knew I,d also been depressed for a very long time as I hadnt been sleeping or eating properly,so I got some AD's off the doc.
That was rough for the first 2 weeks.....side effects can be rotten,but I think they are in my system now,and I feel a bit calmer.I havent had a panic attack in over a week.
I still feel anxious in the mornings usually,but Im definitely better than I was a month ago.
You may want to try practicing breathing deeply ,but again I found in deparate situations,concentrating on my breathing was impossible!
good luck and let me know how you get on

redredmac
04-01-12, 15:39
Thanks for your relpy.

I walked to school to pick my son up waited in the playground had a chat with some of the mums then walked home i still had the pain in my chest and could feel my heart pounding all the time. I have and will not let this stop me form doing anything but it makes every day hard.
All the time i'm holding back the tears.
The doctor would not give me any meds till i had the results of the blood test back. He was a bit conserned about the tremor in my hands and wanted to rule out an few things.

I just dont no if i can get to next wednesday when i see him with out just complely loosing it.

sickandtired
04-01-12, 15:56
blood tests are usually back within 3-4 days,I would ring and make another appointment,but your doc is right to want to check the tremor out first.
Is there anyone who can help you? be with you? have you spoken to anyone close about this?
try and do craft things with your son....even lego! I know when I sat down with my daughter to help her with her clay beads set,I was occupied for a few hours and actually felt calm for the first time in ages.
Watching TV or listening to the radio was no good for me,I had too much on my mind for that,but something creative helped a little.
Try and get enough rest too,all this worrying can make you very run down,you dont want to be getting any virus' on top of this.Also,I found going on chat on this site has helped me tremendously.....really calmed me down on my worst days.
Im really sorry I cant help you more,hope the week goes quick for you.message me anytime,or might catch u on chat later?