PDA

View Full Version : Ways to stop being agitated

Wuboo
04-01-12, 13:50
Along with anxiety I get really agitated and cannot stop moving around, is there a way to help stop it?

mallan82450
04-01-12, 14:56
Exercise.

vicky23
04-01-12, 15:36
I guess there's a couple of ways you could go about *helping* this. Don't think there's a definite way to stop it unfortunatley :(
First : let it out by allowing yourself to move around, jump on the spot etc
Or go the other way and make your body go limp, just literally slump like imagine you're an actor that is playing the part of someone 'chillin'
Give both a go and see if they work for you

susiegoo
04-01-12, 18:35
Have you tried a pranayama mat? It's a small mat that is covered with round discs that have pointy bits. You lie down on it with bare skin or a very thin cloth between you and it and lay there for up to half an hour. It feels painful at first but that goes in the first minute or so and a warm feeling spreads across your back. I find it wonderfully relaxing, it stimulates your pressure points apparently. My husband calls it my bed of nails lol. I have let friends and family have a go on it and they are all surprised at how good it is.

honeyp1e
04-01-12, 21:03
i get this always in my legs esp at night

PanchoGoz
04-01-12, 21:11
honeyp1e - specifically, what you have is restless legs syndrome! It's awful but a good thing to do is avoid physical activities in the evening (unless its...you know...) and don't have caffeine after 5, however, nobody has discovered the exact cause for it unfortunately.
jayuk, have you tried herbal tea? camomile clams you down in all sorts of ways :)