PDA

View Full Version : freaking out, please help

aldupre
08-06-06, 21:05
Well guys,

I did the ultimate no-no and googled handwriting deterioration and it came up with a condition called dystonia. It's a movement disorder and I think that I have this and it usually gets worse the earlier it starts (I'm only 29). So now, I'm freaking out and am really scared. I tried making an appoinment with a neurologist, but even though I have a PPO I need a referral to go?!? Why can't I just stop worrying? Please someone, help.

April

nell1965
08-06-06, 21:26
why did you google hand writing deterioration, do you have any of the other symptoms of dystonia??

I just want my life back
nell
x

Daisybun
08-06-06, 21:44
Oh April
Its so bad when you can't resist Googling isn't it? Don't do it!!! I'm just as bad and that's for me too. You are so worked up that your handwriting is going to be bad, especailly if your concentration is poor or you are very shakey, and if your anxious then you will be.Don't panic, speak to your doctor and be honest but I'm sure its nothing to worry about, as nell says do you have any other symptoms - no. Its natural to worry if you have health anxiety but that's all it is anxiety. How's the dizziness by the way?

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

aldupre
08-06-06, 22:11
Thanks guys,
Daisybun, the dizziness is still here. I'm getting progressively less dizzy when doing the exercises. At first I thought I would puke. I'm sure the anxiety isn't helping the dizziness. I've fallen a total of 4 times and almost took a tumble down an escalator, so this has me really skittish. I just want my life back. I've calmed a little about the dystonia (for now), it's just hard for my mind to accept that anxiety can cause all of these things. I don't know what I'd do without you guys!!

April