PDA

View Full Version : worrying symptoms - chest, bowel, armpit

13sk12
04-01-12, 19:11
heeey, wondered if anyone can help! ive been having some worrying symptoms and doing the stupid thing of Googling and jumping to the conclusion i am dying or something!

chest aches were the first things to kick off, back in like September/October-ish. just minor twinges and a few small and noticeable bouts of palpitations. some time after that, i started getting minor twinges in my side as well. Then, in november, i started feeling like my throat was closing up. it was like a strangling sensation and it was really worrying me, until i found online that it could be this anxiety-related spasm thing (it had a long name which i cant remember!), and since i read that, my throat has been absolutely fine (but the chest and side aches, though less frequent, are still there).

three weeks ago, i went out for the office christmas party and, because they found out it was my birthday the same day, they got me doing a couple of ridiculously hard-hitting drinks - but i went home at a sensible time and i didn't feel particularly drunk (just a bit tipsy!). then, in the early hours of the morning, i got woken up by this intense pain in my gut, unlike anything ive felt before. i didnt know if it was something id eaten (like disgusting goose!) or the alcohol. i went to the toilet and, after a few minutes of nothing, had diarrhoea. the next two/three days were fine, then that weekend my stomach felt weird again and it was very difficult to pass stools. i went to the GP who had a feel around my gut area etc, finding no tenderness or anything, and said it was probably just a bug that would go in 7-10 days.

and now, two weeks after that appointment, it hasn't gone. it sometimes calms down for a couple of days but then bounces back. the bowel movements get really difficult to pass. i have aches in my gut that last all day, and it takes me ages to pass everything. sometimes the stool is thin, sometimes it's pellet-like, sometimes there are blotches of yellow in it. i cant see any blood, though. there has also been a lot of gas.

on top of that, ive also been occasionally feeling a little nauseous after meals and for a few days last week i was especially burpy for a couple of hours after eating. i have also had ongoing aches in my left armpit, but no lumps or swellings.

as you can see, that's a lot! there's a logical explanation for each individual symptom but, all together, it feels like too much to be just anxiety (graduated from uni in july so, if anxiety is a factor, then the drastic lifestyle change might be an explanation!). i always panic and jump to conclusions about my health but this just seems like too much to be nothing. i cant go to the doctors until the end of next week because i work during the day in london, so it's really getting me down.

anyone have any insights? thanks!

Em84
04-01-12, 19:42
Hi

Wow that is a good few symptoms, could possibly be IBS I've never had it but I know it cause some discomfort with the bowels etc....the chest pain I would say is more than likely Anxiety...I've been having them all day left right up down....I do drink alcohol..more than I should, this does sometimes give me diorreah and stomach aches etc....,

Greenman50
11-01-12, 14:31
Hi
Have a look in the ibs section (just to the left on this page) .

There all ibs symtoms , i get the under arm soreness aswell as if its all connected some how .

13sk12
11-01-12, 14:33