PDA

View Full Version : swollen lips and rash

duke246810
04-01-12, 19:17
I just ate my dinner and my lips have suddenly swollen up, well my bottom lip, and its so sore and itchy, its just below it and its gone like a rash and bright rred. Im so scared why hhas this hhappened.

nomorepanic
04-01-12, 19:23
What did you eat?

duke246810
04-01-12, 19:26
Baked beans and ceaser salad. My eyes are also itchy and i have a itchy sore throat with cough, but I breathed in alot iif dust today and iim really scared that im going to die of a allergic reaction or dust inhalation :(

nomorepanic
04-01-12, 19:27
I assume you have eaten these foods before with no issues?

nomorepanic
04-01-12, 19:28
How come you have breathed in dust today as well

Em.ma
04-01-12, 19:28
My eyes are also itchy and i have a itchy sore throat with cough, but I breathed in alot iif dust today and iim really scared that im going to die of a allergic reaction or dust inhalation :(-

to me that sounds like a normal reaction to dust for some :)

Nic- Beth works in an environment were they pack things like soap and stuff in boxes. beth is always telline me she breathes in fumes from work x

duke246810
04-01-12, 19:36
I have eaten tthis before with no I think, I work with alot of chemicals and dust and um vvery scscared itit may have caused my lungs tto shut down, do yiu think this is the case?

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

And with the coughing I've just had a cold but it seems to have gotten wworse again.

nomorepanic
04-01-12, 19:44
If you are working with chemicals then you should be wearing the appropriate safety gear if necessary and a face mask maybe.

If your lungs had shut down you would be dead by now lol.

duke246810
04-01-12, 19:51
I feel extremely cold and im gettting weird sensations in mmy hands like freezing cold ppins anand needles, and a cold feeling in my heart and abdomen, and i keep shivering. I really dont want tto die :( also a bad pain iin mymy abdomen to. I really feel like there is something seriously wrong. Plus I can hardly open mmy jaw and my wisdom teeth are ccomingg through but not painful but im worried of aan infection. I've got lett arm pain and im worried about dying :(

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

I feel extremely cold and im gettting weird sensations in mmy hands like freezing cold ppins anand needles, and a cold feeling in my heart and abdomen, and i keep shivering. I really dont want tto die :( also a bad pain iin mymy abdomen to. I really feel like there is something seriously wrong. Plus I can hardly open mmy jaw and my wisdom teeth are ccomingg through but not painful but im worried of aan infection. I've got lett arm pain and im worried about dying :( my lips felt like there gegetting big to anand its hard to smile, they have gone all tight.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

My lips are getting bigger anand they have gone all tigtight and its hard to smsmile, and move them. Also ttoday I have been biting my lips but that was hours ago.

Em.ma
04-01-12, 19:52
Beth. Stop here. These are all typical anxiety symtopms. you are a young healthy person and you have nothing at all to fear.
Your Jaw- you know what that is x you was told it was because you needed an op and you grind your teeth you are OK xxxx

duke246810
04-01-12, 19:55
No emma, im not anxious and im not panicking at all, my lips are swelling and im dying.

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

And great, my feet have gone yellow and in between my toes ar ggoing black and peeling off, great.. not athletes foot because its not itjching, I can't deal with this anymore. :,( its driving me insane, I cant do iit :,(

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

And I've got varuccas now the same ones for 4 years and no treatments will mmake them go away, which means low immune system.

Em.ma
04-01-12, 19:57
Beth you dont have to feel anxious to have anxiety symtopms.
Go to the chemist see if they can suggest any cream or anything to help with your feet but it does not equal a low immunity or death. x

duke246810
04-01-12, 19:59
My throat is so sore and my ears are so ithcy, I've already had a cold why are the ssymptoms coming back, im trying ti spspeak and i keep messing up my words, I feel confused aand weird.

nomorepanic
04-01-12, 20:00
Duke - you have been posting for many many months now and each time you say that you are about to die or you won't be alive in the morning. You are still here see!

Em.ma
04-01-12, 20:01
beth my ears go itchy when im nervous to haha- sore throat is OK i promise x
and when u speak dont think about your words - it really is ok

duke246810
04-01-12, 20:02
Thanks for your rereply Nicola and emma, but my lips have never have this, and they are visably swollen and have a rash, so there must be something wrong. X

bottleblond
04-01-12, 20:10
Duke

If your lips are still swelling and the itch is still there then you should seek medical advice as that is not natural or an anxiety symptom. You could ring NHS 24 and ask for some advice.

Lisa

duke246810
04-01-12, 20:12
Oh my gosh im going to die I know it, if they ask me to come iin my ddad wwont ttake mme, :,(

bottleblond
04-01-12, 20:14
You're not going to die.

Just ring and ask for advice

Lisa

Wolfie
04-01-12, 20:16
If you are worried, then call NHS 24. Drop into your doctors. We aren't here to make medical assumptions about something you are worried about greatly. We are here however to support you through this. If nothing we are saying can comfort you, then please, get reassurance from someone, such as a doctor or a nurse, who knows what they are talking about.

Em.ma
04-01-12, 20:16
Beth I know what you mean about parents not taking you lol- My mum/dad tell me to shove off up stairs to my room if i say one word about anything health related to them so i can symtphaise with you there and know what that it is like.
I don't know how to overcome that. I cant even phone anyone as i have no mobile credit ever and the only phone is in the lounge. id have to walk 20 mins to my friend but even he wouldnt let me phone NHS on his phone so i know what it feels like.
Do you have a mobile you can ring nhs direct on.

Wolfie
04-01-12, 20:20
Also, if you were going to die, you wouldn't be here typing away. If that was going to happen, it would have happened shortly after being exposed to whatever is causing the reaction. It's just a reaction. You are not going to die. Get some medical advice to lessen the symptoms and ta da, bobs yer uncle.

Em.ma
04-01-12, 20:21
I agree a serious reaction would not allow u to type on here and it would of got worse much quickly and would be more than than swollen/itchy lips.
Just ask what NHS suggest. proberly a cream or an anti histamine x take care Emma x

bottleblond
04-01-12, 20:23
It's definately not a serious as serious reactions are instant.

duke246810
04-01-12, 20:24
I also have a painful jaw, and upper back, finding it hard to breathe, and a sore throat and runny nose and violant cough at times which hurts my abdoman. And now im shivering and freezing cold like before, and now ive just read n

Cardiac (heart) pain may be felt spreading from the chest to other areas, such as the arms (more often the left arm but may also be in the right arm), shoulders, neck or lower jaw. Sometimes heart pain is mistaken for indigestion or toothache.

Answer Yes to this question if you have had pain in any of these areas in the last 12 hours. ..

bottleblond
04-01-12, 20:28
Duke it's nothing to do with your heart. There's no point ryhming off symptoms as we are not medically trained. If you are worried then ring for advice.

Wolfie
04-01-12, 20:29
This is getting out of hand - remember your anxiety symptoms may be contributing to the pain/reduced body temp/ difficulty in breathing/ as well as muscular pain in the back and chest due to tensing those msucles. Please, before you get worked up even more, please call NHS 24 and get their opinion x

Em.ma
04-01-12, 20:29
Beth this is not heart pain. You are 17 years old- teenagers are very very very unsuspectibale/unlikely to have anything wrong with there hearts. we are far to young to even have to think about it being a heart attack.
You know about your jaw. youv been told you need an op to move it and you grind your teeth.
Youve had a cold beth thats the runny nose cough etc and the pain in abdo when u cough is normal- my mum gets that everytime with a violent cough as u pull muscles. the other symtopms are anxiety.
Phone NHS and see what they say to you x

duke246810
04-01-12, 20:51
I can't do this anymore, im just going to leave iit anand see whawhat happens, I'll most likely die in my sleep or something. What have I done to deserve tthis misery, my life is being destroyed by this and my family dodont ununderstand or bebelieve mmy symptoms anand neither does the doctor, im alone and ivive got no friends nothing. I feel like just giving up now, I need hypnotheraoy or something as im getting to the point of completely giving up.

bottleblond
04-01-12, 20:55
Duke

I have a condition that makes my eyes and lips swell, coveres my body in huge red blisters which itches like crazy.

When i first got it, like you, i thought i was dying. I thought i was having some serious reaction to something.

I came on here and people calmed me down which was amazing but the panic never went away until i was told by a doctor what it was. That's why i am saying, you should seek medical advice.

Lisa

Em.ma
We can't give up and you have me- if you want to see me this weekend we can do that. You will still be here when you wake up tommorow. x

Wolfie
You won't die. If you are that worried, then I stress again, call someone. No harm in getting an opinion. It's clear to me that you feel as if you are alone with these feelings and feel like those around you cannot relate to them. They can't relate or understand simply because they have no idea what it's like to be in this position. The important thing to remember is that there are thousands upon thousands of members at NMP, all around the world, who are in a similar position to you, who can relate and understand your feelings and thoughts. You aren't alone. You don't have to be alone. If your doctor is crap, then see another. Register at another practise if you can. For results, you gotta change your doctor again and again until you find one who helps you. Don't settle for some crappy ******** of a doctor. Do what's best for you.

duke246810
04-01-12, 20:58
Than you everyone,
Im just so scared to ring for advice because I know they will ask me to come in, last time i came in to tthe out of hours doctors my dad got so angry with me andand I completely destroyed everyone christmas and I will never forgive myself for that. Also the doctor was really mean and rude to me, therefore im scared to call them to upset my dad or have to see that dodoctor aagain.

Wolfie
04-01-12, 20:59
are you able to get a taxi or anything? If your dad makes this so uncomfortable for you, then it's highly unfair of him to do so.

Em.ma
04-01-12, 21:01
Beth my dad does that aswell. thats why i havnt bothered for over a year to say anything to them about anxiety and they think im fine. the 1st mention of something and i get called a silly little girl, to grow up and go learn to keep my mouth shut. its not nice but you have to do this for YOU.

duke246810
04-01-12, 21:17
No I can't, I don't have any money and im scared to uuse taxis. I feel bad about saying it about my dad but he gets so anoyed wwith mme, and I end up making him really upset. Im really quite scared and alone aat the moment. X

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Also I apologize everyone fofor putting this on eeveryone, I truly am sorry. X

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

Im really sorry to ask this, but is it ok toto take my ranitidine pill, even though im feeling like this and very bloated.

Em.ma
04-01-12, 22:15
whats ranitidine for x?

duke246810
04-01-12, 22:18
Stomach acid and ulcers x

Em.ma
04-01-12, 22:18
cant see a reason not to have it x :)
how often do you have them?

duke246810
04-01-12, 22:19
Twice a day lol x

bottleblond
04-01-12, 22:46
It should be fine to have it. x

nomorepanic
04-01-12, 22:55
so how are the swollen lips now?

duke246810
04-01-12, 23:49
Itchy and sore, but just ignoring it like everyone ignores me at home, I hope im here tomorrow, thanks guys x

fed_up09
05-01-12, 00:02
If it was a severe reaction, you'd be dead by now. My step dad had an allergic reaction to a bee sting and his throat closed up within 30mins. When I'm anxious or thinking about an area of my body it goes itchy and blotchy. All the stress hormones released by our body to get us ready for fight or flight when we are scared/anxious. Have a nice bath, read, Tv - whatever you enjoy (for me it's the sims lol) and enjoy tomorrow because you will still be here :)

nomorepanic
05-01-12, 00:04
come on Duke you need to stop this negativity about not being here tomorrow and dying

The thing is that I am more likely to drop dead overnight that you with my heart failure aren't I lol?

Of course you will be here like you are every other day

Please please try and get some serious help for this HA as yours is in a serious way and needs sorting out asap. if you can't do that then at least get some decent books on the subject and read them. I sell one in the online shop if there are any left.