PDA

View Full Version : Bone Cancer or extreme HA?

fed_up09
04-01-12, 22:46
Hi all, hoPe you can share some thoughts/reassurance.

Basically for the last 3 years I have been living with 'bone cancer' - not according to Doctors though!

My story starts in Jan 09 when I was playing baseball on the Wii. I felt a twang across my chest muscle, ignored it and carried on. The next day I randomally touched the area and noticed it was swollen. Over time the visible swelling we t down but left a 'bump/ridge' where right meets sternum. Over the 3 years I have seen 3 different doctors about 20 times, had extensive blood work and chest X-ray (purely for HA as Drs think it's hard muscular tissue from damage and showed no concern at all!) all results were fine. How can I feel this structure and to everyone else it feels like a normal rib?! I have days where I plan my funeral as I think everyone is overlooking this and that it is something sinister.

Sorry for ramble - any advice? x

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

RiGht is meant to say rib lol

Wolfie
04-01-12, 23:02
Most sinister things will show up in extensive tests, etc. The chances of you having Bone cancer are...VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY unlikely.

Playing the Wii can hurt sometimes. I know for sure I've pulled a good couple of chest/arm/leg muscles playing around on it. Especially with the baseball thing cause lets be honest, we go crazy to hit that ball out of the stadium, don't we?

I have many lumps appearing in my clavical - all related to pulled muscles due to the labour I do at work.

Try not to worry too much, sounds like health anxiety to me anyway. Usually this stuff has a root cause - a death early on in your childhood/ a close death/ fear of dying or contracting a deadly disease. Perhaps you should focus on what could be causing this worry.

MaryMac
04-01-12, 23:03
HI there, I think since you've had so many doctors look at it and bloods and x-ray you should be safe in the knowledge that it's NOT bone cancer. I know its so difficult to talk yourself out of something like this but you have medical evidence to back it up. Please try to stop worrying. :)

fed_up09
04-01-12, 23:12
Thanks for replying. My HA is a weird one. Was initially agarophobic as got mugged then felt a large lymph node late '08 and since then had every cancer known to man though this rib issue is only one that has stuck. I think in my mind I worry about those cancers missed on X-rays and although x ray was normal, in my mind never had a definate diagnosis. HA is awful - go months feeling ok, then, like now - BAM it returns.

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

I also forgot to mention the bump is as solid as bone