PDA

View Full Version : Body giving out

Polar Bear
04-01-12, 22:59
I seem to have been anxious ever since I can remember (decades). Think my body is now giving up. For a few weeks now I've had so many aches and pains (I'm getting or have had various tests and the doctors are checking out a few things). I've had so many tests in the past which have invariably been negative but now I'm getting older (57) I can't let anxiety keep taking this physical toll.

I keep telling myself to concentrate on the important things (a recent death in the family) which should put things in perspective. Then I see someone parked badly outside my house and it makes me angry/anxious, then I feel fed up of the world and people, then I just cry!

I've been on meds but not for a couple of years but still have counselling which does help. Meanwhile I just feel worn out - mind and body, and just don't know what to do.

Not sure what my question is after saying the above - anyone any thoughts please?

lins13
04-01-12, 23:28
hiya polar bear,
i too ave anxiety with panic attacks and i constantly worry, been off cipralex for 3 years after 10 years being on them and i wont take meds again mostly because of the side effects going on them and the withdrawals coming off them (im 44), my dr prescribed me with vitamin b6 and im on my 2nd week of taking it, and so far i think its starting to work, my anxiety has subsided a bit and im feeling good. :) Ive not felt anxious all day and ive felt happier

Polar Bear
05-01-12, 10:16
Hi lins

Good to hear that things are improving for you. Fighting this is difficult but we need to believe in ourselves. The physical syptoms are driving me mad at the moment just hope they can find out what the trouble is and fix it (unless its all from anxiety).

The vitamin route I hadn't thought of. Sounds like a good idea to try. The meds I've tried to avoid reverting back to as well. Don't feel I would want to me on them long term.

I'm having a better day today so far, hope you're still feeling good!

lins13
05-01-12, 10:39
hiya Polar bear,

glad to hear your'e having a better day, anxiety is the bane of everyone's life who has got it. The more you think about it, the worse it gets. I find playing games on my laptop takes my mind off it for a couple of hours, or just doing housework, keeping your mind occupied on other things does help a lot, get yourself a really good book or take your dog for a walk (if you have one), not in this weather tho, wow its really horrible out there, usually i hate the wind and have panic attacks, but its not bothering me as it used to, i think it is definitely them vitamins im taking which do help with anxiety.
Hope i have helped
Lin

Polar Bear
05-01-12, 13:14
Thanks Lin

That's been helpful. Yes do have a dog. Will take her out later and try to relax. May wait until the wind dies down a bit. It's awful here too.

Good luck with your continued improvement with the vitamins.

Mike

blingkasa
05-01-12, 13:46
Know the feeling, was fine for years but the past few months have been like a zombie. Started out with feeling dizzy, diagnosed with vertigo and then the dizziness caused anxiety and hey presto, back on anti anxiety meds. Went to see a psychiatrist and was prescribed zoloft and klonopin. Took zoloft for a week but i swear i felt my brain zap! Also i have a thing about meds. Xanax helps but still i feel on edge and wish i had the courage to face the fears. All the symptoms i get range from dizziness, hyper ventilating, muscle pains, dry mouth and i am sure i can find loads more. Want to feel " normal" as in not so consumed by my fears. Simple request but how?

Polar Bear
06-01-12, 07:32
Have you had or thought about counselling? I've found it helpful and people do say that doing this whilst your on meds is useful. Distraction as Lin mentions seems to be another useful thing to try to see if you can take your mind off your fears for a while.