PDA

View Full Version : Finally been to see my Dr today about my missed beats

Onthepulse
05-01-12, 10:48
My dr was brilliant today. I am having some blood tests done and a 24 hr heart monitor put on. My missed beats were heard by the Dr too. My heart sounded lovely and my pulse was good.
Fed up with these now and hope all comes back well and i can learn to live and forget about them...will take some doing!

Violet1
06-01-12, 11:15
I also have had this problem for years. Had 24 hour monitor on a couple of times, I had to press a button each time I had one. They looked at it and told me it was very normal - nothing to worry about. I find they get worse when I'm tired, stressed, and had alcohol.

countrygirl
06-01-12, 21:02
I've had then every day for over 30 years and agree with previous poster about what makes them worse also with me eating too fast or too much or bending over after eating the list is endless as its all too do with irritation of the vagus nerve, thats why a hard cough will stop them as this puts pressure on the vagus nerve.

Make sure you eat lots of potassium rich food as well as low potassium or low magnesium can trigger them and most of all don't worry about them, told loads of times by cardios they are horrible but harmless and they are considered a normal variation in heart rhythm

kinnygirl1
06-01-12, 22:16
Hi there - I have had these for about 9 months now that I have been aware of and I know how horrible it can be. It sounds like your GP has been very positive and reassuring and I am sure you will feel better when the blood tests are done. Mine seem worse when tired and stressed. I can now go weeks without them bothering me but then for some reason it comes back and I worry again so I know how hard it is to be reassured and just get on with life with them but it can be done. Good luck. x