PDA

View Full Version : chest problems

Cell block H fan
05-01-12, 12:22
Ok, I need someone to slap me out of this vicious circle.
It's been since Eastenders last week really! Have had it before where I get indigestion, but then think it's something worse. But this time I am not rationalising very well.
Sometimes I feel like an elephant is sat on my chest & that goes through between my shoulder blades, other times there is no bad feeling, Just a jabbing pain here n there in the chest area.
On new yrs eve I had the elephant on the chest, I ruined the evening at home, stressing about it, I even ended up with upper stomach cramps too. Have had that with the elephant feeling before too.
Yesterday wasn't a bad day actually, twinge here n there, but today my whole chest area feels sore. I would say sore is the right word for it today.
My boobs also feel a bit tender if I press on them.
Everyday I wake up feeling fine though, but then as the day goes on it's back.
I wont go to the docs because I am petrified of doctors. Breathing is fine, but keep thinking lung C!
I just keep hoping it'll pass, like everything else always does.
Anyone fancy explaining to me please how we can stress ourselves into chest pain/discomfort as I don't want to Google.
xxxx

Tinkerbellx
05-01-12, 12:47
I have this.. mine's like a heartburn/indigestion feeling in my chest (the centre, down the centre) and also around my boobs like you described. I would describe it was tight and uncomfortable.. I've got IBS too which doesn't help and I've been given tablets for acid but they don't seem to have done anything?! Don't know. :(

Cell block H fan
05-01-12, 13:49
I wondered if to get some indigestion stuff as it goes. I never have tried it tbh! It's funny because at the moment it's fine grrrrr
But I know it'll be back later :doh:

j2
05-01-12, 15:03
I too am going through a bout of lung cancer scare. I feel like I can't get enough air or that sometimes I am short of breath but then I can go run 5k and not have any problems. I even get really cold hands and I think my fingers get a little blue. I really hate this anxiety. Good luck and I am sure you will be fine

J2