PDA

View Full Version : can u make your lymph glands under yours arms swell up by prodding?

merrysee
05-01-12, 13:19
Hi there, i really want some advise on a matter that is causing me a lot of anxiety and worry. For the past 8 months i've had an ongoing issue with my right breast, a nipple change and a lot of daily discomfort, i should also point out i had a baby 10 weeks ago, the problem started about 4 months into my pregnancy about the time my milk started to come through, i should also point out 10 months prior to that i had a breast uplift with implants, which involved nipple repositioning. So this could be the reason of slight nipple change i guess? Anyway the pain is what bother's me more, i've had 2 scan's on my breast, results were normal, a chest and shoulder xray, again normal results. So for the last 6-8 months i've been constantly prodding and poking my breast and under arm for lumps ect, a few weeks ago my right armpit area was very sore, so i felt around and if i feel in my armpit area when my arm is down i feel a tender mobile pea like lump, i'm guessing a swollen lymph gland, i also have an almost exact same lump in my left armpit, now i'm terrified i have breast cancer, is it possible do you think that i've made the glands swollen myself with the constant prodding and poking, i really need some advise?

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

anyone?:weep::weep::weep:

blingkasa
05-01-12, 13:27
It sounds hormonal and also due to pregnancy, i had a lump in my armpit after pregnancy and it was a little cyst, it was quite painful so they drained it. Otherwise, having had four babies i can tell you that breasts get all kinds of lumps and bumps, your body is adjusting as well remember. Try not prod so much , easier said than done and having hot showers is also soothing.

merrysee
05-01-12, 14:09
is it normal to have swollen lymph glands in both armpit's though?

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Maybe I'm alone on this one an it might be a cancer problem.

happycarrot
05-01-12, 19:54
Sometimes lymph nodes stay swollen permanently even after the infection is gone. My husband and I both have lymph nodes in our necks that are always enlarged. Poking at them can also make them swell up. Some people can feel their lymph nodes even when they aren't swollen. Swollen lymph nodes are one of the most common causes for worry on this site--do a search and you will find tons of posts about it, but probably none of us actually had cancer. You already had normal scans, so you don't have cancer. Also, cancerous lymph nodes are painless and not movable, so the fact that yours are painful and mobile is a good sign. Please stop checking so often, just feel them once a day and call your doctor if they don't shrink in a few weeks so they can check for an infection.