PDA

View Full Version : Which Medication?

Dan1975
05-01-12, 13:39
Hi there,

I have GAD and have been on SSRI's (Sertraline) for about 5 weeks now. The issue I have is that they do not seem to be working. My anxiety levels are the same. I understand that they can take a while to kick in, but shouldn't they have started to work by now?

Can anyone recommend an alternative?

Thanks,

Dan

pinkdove
05-01-12, 15:11
Hi dan, an ssri takes time, and we all want to feel better now.

however you are probably very near to feeling better, maybe you need the dose adjusted, but please be a little more patient, i think that's the mistake a lot of us make, changing or coming off too soon,

why not talk to your gp for advice, but i feel you will be so near to feeling the benefits. take care x

sophia_x
05-01-12, 15:35
Ive been on Duloxtine for 6 weeks, still waiting for something to kick in!

This after 4 months of citalopram :lac: grr

loreen
05-01-12, 16:10
HI Dan

I think it is important to remember that we all respond differently to meds.I have been on four ssris with little or no success.However after just one week on Duloxetine(cymbalta) I started to feel half human again.
Now almost three weeks in my anxiety and panic are at a level I can deal with,for the first time in at least a year.
As you see from the post above,it doesnt work for everyone,and it really is trial and error untill you find something that suits you and your symptoms.x