PDA

View Full Version : im new plz reply

normal2be
05-01-12, 14:20
HI there not sure im doing this right at the moment. Its my 1st time on here.... Ive recently been put on citalpram by my GP for high anxiety... 20mg was prescribed and the side effects was really bad.... i feel quite alone in this ppl aroud me are trying to understand how i feel but they unless they are feeling it i dnt think they can.... Im on my 2nd day of 10mg as my GP had told me to lower ther dosage 4 two wks then to up it to 20mg after 2 wks. Sometimes im getting into a panic state for no reason and my heart beat is pumping really fast, getting a little dizzy and with a overwhelming sickness feeling with out actually being sick..... im worried about the most trivial things like tkin my child to school where it was never a problem before.... my appitite has completely gone which never happens.... IS all this normal and will i start to feel like me again :weep:

pinkdove
05-01-12, 15:03
:welcome: to nmp, sorry you are feeling so bad.

Yes this is very typicall when you start citaloprm, and 20mg i think was too high to start on, so your dr did the right thing to tell you to reduce to 10mg for 2 weeks.

the good news is that the heightened anxiety and sickly feeling are side effects, and should inmprove for you very soon, i had the same thing when i started cit, but it passed, and the meds have really helped me on my way to recovery.

I hope you start to feel better soon, hang on in there, things ill improve for you good luck x:hugs: