PDA

View Full Version : Being in denial!!!

polly daydream
09-06-06, 00:50
Hi everyone, I have suffered anxiety for 2.5 years now, am hoping to get it sorted soon after finally admitting that I have a problem, have been in denial for too long!!! Was introduced to the site by a good friend, she knows who she is??

:D xxxxxxxxx

Meggy
09-06-06, 00:57
Hi Polly and Welcome -

Maybe this is your friend, but I'd refer you to a site under PTSD. A woman had a hysterectomy there and we talk about crawling anxiety afterwards. Has your doctor drawn blood and checked ALL the hormones secreted you potentially lost after the surgery? I know after my own hysterectomy w/ovarian removal before I was started on estrogen replacement I felt terribly anxious. Maybe your problems are of a different origination, I think it would be smart to start there tho since the correlation seems heavy and get it ruled out or confirmed.

As for denial? Well gosh I don't know I do it so well I find it rather hard to give up! I'm battling that too. Very nice people here.

Meggy

marie ross
09-06-06, 01:12
Hi,

You've come to the right place, i thought i was going mad but after reading everyones post here, i'm not alone. You'll find a lot of good advice here from people who are going through the same problems as you. Take care.

MarieXXX

polly daydream
09-06-06, 01:13
Thankyou meggy for the welcome, I will have a look at the site you have recommended.

Best wishes

Polly

polly daydream
09-06-06, 01:25
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi,

You've come to the right place, i thought i was going mad but after reading everyones post here, i'm not alone. You'll find a lot of good advice here from people who are going through the same problems as you. Take care.

MarieXXX

<div align="right">Originally posted by marie ross - 09 June 2006 : 02:12:38</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi Marie, I never ever thought that I would end up suffering from anxiety, I have always been such a happy go lucky type person, it is hell on earth as Im sure you know!!

Best wishes

Polly xx

marie ross
09-06-06, 01:34
Hi,

I know what you mean, anxiety, heard about it, ,but never suffered from it, but then BANG there it was, have learnt to live with it, if it was'nt with everyones help here i would be a mad woman by now!!! Honestly, us sufferers are so kind and nice and totally understand everything!!!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!

Take care.

Marie XXX

Meggy
09-06-06, 05:28
Mary Rose your last post reminded me of something I might have posted and taken down in my fear/flight panic. My new therapist had me write down the names of 5 people in my life I most admire and why. I put it off, thinking it would be easy but when I got to the "why" part? I'd either write something so vapid I knew that wasn't it, or something that seemed to me so artificial maybe, that didn't seem to fit either. Anyway I wound up with a woman I worked closely about 2 years. I worked on a high risk L&D unit and we sure got our share of tragedies. When I was young I'd fight off the tears for my patients, thinking that's more professional but learned patients felt much better if they could see, I hurt too, I cared. It was no show, I did. But this woman I admired I think must have had the attitude that when tragic things happen? It's all part of the job maybe, or it just didn't touch her. We had many emergencies too where many of us would have to work as a team at the speed of lightning. Afterwards all of us would be physically shakey, nervous, but never her. I think it all rolled over her back and I so admired that in her, or at least I wanted to be emotionally dead like that at least for a day, try it out (?). As I wrote about her I realized she's emotionally dead. I don't think it's because of anything that happened to her either. We're all made in different ways, she came with few emotions it seemed and those she had weren't strong. I was having panic attacks back then and I'd just want to be her so bad, so I wouldn't have panic attacks. I tried once to tell her what they were like. Her comment spoken very calmly was - yes, she knew just what that was like. I didn't think so.

Meggy

giddy
09-06-06, 06:48
Welcome to the forum Polly
Love Helen

polly daydream
09-06-06, 08:11
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Welcome to the forum Polly
Love Helen

<div align="right">Originally posted by giddy - 09 June 2006 : 07:48:16</div id="right">

Thankyou helen

Best wishes x

Daisybun
09-06-06, 09:06
Hi Polly and welcome
I don't think any of us think we're gonna get anxiety, everyone says to me 'you're the last person.. etc but it can happen to anyone. this site is great and you'll find lots of support here.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

trac67
09-06-06, 09:13
Hi Polly,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Two heads
09-06-06, 09:26
welcome to the site polly!
you will have all the help and surport here in times of need.xxxxxx

Alexandra
09-06-06, 10:02
Hi Polly

Welcome to the forum

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

chucklehound
09-06-06, 14:09
Hi Polly and welcome to NMP

polly daydream
09-06-06, 19:33
Thank you to all that have welcomed me to the site, I only joined yesterday evening and already feel better knowing I have plenty of support and hopefully my experiences and feed back that I will post here may help others in return.

Best wishes

xxx

Silver Stream
09-06-06, 19:45
Hi hun, your not alone, i'm a new member and i have to say that i really enjoy the fact that i'm not alone, sounds sinister maybe but its true, there is alot of us that suffer, too many of us do it alone.

mark x

polly daydream
10-06-06, 10:19
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi hun, your not alone, i'm a new member and i have to say that i really enjoy the fact that i'm not alone, sounds sinister maybe but its true, there is alot of us that suffer, too many of us do it alone.

mark x

<div align="right">Originally posted by Silver Stream - 09 June 2006 : 20:45:47</div id="right">

Thank you Mark.

Best wishes

Polly x

nomorepanic
10-06-06, 18:19
Hi Polly

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help to you and you meet some great people on here.

Nicola

jackie
10-06-06, 18:40
hi polly, thats a good friend youve got there

hope you make some new ones aswell

jackie

Karen
11-06-06, 13:23
Hi Polly

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey