PDA

View Full Version : My Story.

felinefine
05-01-12, 18:30
Hi,
I'm Donna.Lost me beloved dog of 12 years to cancer last August.Really struggled to cope.Brought on anxiety and depression(which I first had when my mum died when I was 17).
I was living with my partner of 14 years at the time but he wouldnt or even couldnt help me through it.He looked at me as if I was a mad woman.I tried explaining to him how I felt but he wouldnt listen.He gave me no choice and I had to leave him which broke my heart.
Im now struggling to live alone in a flat.I have been on venlafaxine which made me worse,mirtazapine which made me sleepy all day and Im now 4 weeks in on a course of prozac.Really suffering with anxiety especially early morning.
Trying really hard to get my life back on track and would love some people to talk to.
Im 43 and live in Swansea.

theharvestmouse
05-01-12, 20:30
Sorry to hear of your situation, its horrible when you lose loved ones and I include pets in that because I know how it feels to lose a dog of 12 years, its heart breaking and can take a lot of getting over. Have you thought of getting another dog? If thats possible?

we waited about 6 months before we went to a RSPCA centre to rehome a dog. But maybe you should wait until things are more stable?

Its sad that your partner did not help you through it, but maybe it was for the best as you need someone who can accept you for who you are, problems as well.

Hope you manage to get some support and there are people on here who can help you through this, you are not alone.

Good Luck
:hugs:

felinefine
05-01-12, 20:48
Thank you.x

Mindful
05-01-12, 20:55
Hi,
I'm Donna.Lost me beloved dog of 12 years to cancer last August.Really struggled to cope.Brought on anxiety and depression(which I first had when my mum died when I was 17).
I was living with my partner of 14 years at the time but he wouldnt or even couldnt help me through it.He looked at me as if I was a mad woman.I tried explaining to him how I felt but he wouldnt listen.He gave me no choice and I had to leave him which broke my heart.
Im now struggling to live alone in a flat.I have been on venlafaxine which made me worse,mirtazapine which made me sleepy all day and Im now 4 weeks in on a course of prozac.Really suffering with anxiety especially early morning.
Trying really hard to get my life back on track and would love some people to talk to.
Im 43 and live in Swansea. Oh Donna how awful for you, no wonder you are struggling a bit at the moment :(
You will find so much support and advice here, not only in the forums but on the home page too, explanations on anxiety-panic symptoms, book recommendations, alternatives to meds.. lots to read and learn here. Reassurance from others who have been there, are there and those who have come through is always great too, makes you feel you arent so alone which you arent xx

felinefine
05-01-12, 20:56
Thank you.Im trying so hard to put a brave face on but just feel so down at mo.

eden.eden
06-01-12, 10:13
So sorry for your loss Donna. I lost my 20 year old cat in Sept and it was the final straw for me and what finally pushed me to start trying to sort out this depression (triggered by mother's death 7 years ago). People keep saying to me 'get another pet' but at the moment I just know it's too soon - I will one day. Right now I need to get myself well and sort out all the other problems that are crashing round my ears.

I read in a book recently that depression is your body's way of saying "STOP - you can't go on in the way that you have been, things need to change" - easier said than done and I havent yet a clue which way I'm going. But gentle on yourself and know there are others that know just how you feel. xxx

mallan82450
06-01-12, 10:22
Hi Donna :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. If it gives you any comfort I have been taken Prozac for 7 weeks and it has made me feel so much better. Stick with it and keep talking to people on here, this site is fantastic for advice and support.

Take care :D

Kendra
06-01-12, 10:57
Hi Donna, I have just started a course of prozac only on day 2 at the moment but have been on it before and it worked then so all fingers and toes crossed it will this time! I'm so sorry for your loss pets are a big part of your family and its terrible when you lose them.
I suffer from panic attacks and when they start I am end up making myself really depressed through them.
Lets hope our meds kick in and feel better soon!! x

carefree68
06-01-12, 11:25
Hi Donner, Im so sorry for your loss, and you are going through such a tough time, always worse over christmas Im sure. I hope you get all the support you need here I joined last year and have found it to be extremely helpful friendly and calming. Keep talking, a problem shared is a problem halved. I hope 2012 is a better year for you.

Zee
06-01-12, 14:48
Hi Donna. I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved dog. When I lost my 17 year old dog almost 4 years ago I went into depression and then the anxiety started up.I do understand what you are going through. There are lots of people on here who will give you support . I also had several family and pet losses before losing my 17 year old dog. It takes time and I hope you will find comfort from people on here who have been through similar x

felinefine
06-01-12, 19:33
Thank you for all the lovely replies.I actually had a positive afternoon today and got quite a lot done.Its just the early morning anxiety that is awful at the mo.Every morning without fail I wake at 5am and the negative thoughts start and the horrible adrenaline starts flowing.I just cant get back to sleep and just lie there sweating and feeling sick.
Been to docs today and picked up my prozac prescription.Just about to start week 5.

carefree68
06-01-12, 19:45
Aww. Glad you had a positive afternoon. Sounds like you could do with some rest, can you get any during the day? Tiredness does not help anxiety!
Good luck with meds I hope you start having some positive mornings.

felinefine
06-01-12, 20:03
No I find it impossible to sleep during the day just cant relax enough to sleep.I used to love my afternoon naps but havent been able to sleep in the afternoon since my dog died 4 months ago.

carefree68
06-01-12, 20:30
Hun Im so sorry! I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight fingers crossed for at least 7 am and not 5am.

Keep sharing. sending you a big:hugs:

felinefine
06-01-12, 20:33
Thank you.:hugs: