PDA

View Full Version : so, what illnesses have you "had" lately?

happycarrot
05-01-12, 20:44
In the past few weeks, I've "had":

melanoma (most likely a harmless mole)
a brain tumor (insomnia for two nights, probably caused by anxiety)
liver disease (dark circles under my eyes, but a routine liver function test was normal...and those dark circles are still there!)
lymphoma (a swollen lymph node caused by acne on my neck)
some other cancer, but I wasn't sure what (I was itchy all over, but I had gone hiking that day and probably was allergic to something outdoors)

What have you "had" recently?

MaryMac
05-01-12, 21:16
I've had scepticemia through an abcessed tooth that was also spreading to my brain, I've had leukemia, Hodgkins, nonHodgkins because I had a cold with a cough that wouldn't go away, skin cancer because I found a spot on my leg, and now a recurrence of leukemia because I have a white spot on my tonsil (which the doctor told me is nothing to worry about), but it's since morphed into throat, oral, tonsil cancer.
That's all! :D

crystal17
05-01-12, 21:59
I had an aneurysm yesterday but that seems to have cleared up quite well so am back to my ongoing battle now with a heart condition, brain tumour and impending blindness.

Em.ma
05-01-12, 22:01
I've had to have my leg removed. right now i have a blood clot from sitting down for 4 hours and pain in leg. oh ive also had carbon minoxide poisoing, adrenal cancer and other types of cancer. But considering im doing quite well :D! x

miss_t
05-01-12, 22:11
Enlarged spleen

GERD

Angina

Heart disease

Heart attack

Gall stones

Bronchitis

Perforated uterus (due to copper coil)

Blimey - I can't believe I'm still here!

Got a Dr's appointment tomorrow for the GERD thing - I've had symptoms for a week now so think it's reasonable to see my Gp - although I'm sure everytime they see my name on their screen they loose the will to live :)

happycarrot
05-01-12, 22:15
I really do have acid reflux and I really did have gallstones (so now I don't have a gallbladder anymore!). Gallstones are EXTREMELY painful and you'd know something was very wrong if you had them. I was literally crawling on the floor in pain. I asked my doctor about the acid reflux and she just said don't eat things that trigger it...gee, that helps :wacko:

miss_t
05-01-12, 22:43
Lol! Drs can sometimes make things worse can't they?

Sorry to hear about ur gall bladder - well I'm sure ur not as it can't give you gyp anymore :)

I have omeprazole so I'm taking them until I see the Dr and will take it from there.

ihaveitall
05-01-12, 23:21
well ive had non hodgkins- due to pain in the neck
liver cancer- due to pain in the liver area and light coloured stools
colon cancer - due to change in bowel habits
cervical cancer- due to pain in lower right groin abdo area
ALS- due to twitching calf muscles all day everyday
tumours in the stomache area- due to pain
the list is endless
but hey im still here
i do however have low ferritin levels so some of my symptoms could be due to that but as a anxiety sufferer it would have to be something more sinister

happycarrot
05-01-12, 23:24
Don't worry, the gallbladder has been gone for several years. I was glad to be rid of it! I'm also taking omeprazole and watching what I eat (no very fatty or oily foods and no big meals just before bed).

pablo22
05-01-12, 23:24
MVP, other insane heart conditions where i would drop dead, infact... any disease/ condition of the heart! lol ... also stroke, aneurysm and testicular cancer!

MaryMac
05-01-12, 23:45
God do we ever read over what we type and just think "get a grip of yourself!!" Easier said than done though haha

happycarrot
05-01-12, 23:55
God do we ever read over what we type and just think "get a grip of yourself!!" Easier said than done though haha

I know! In all honesty I think I am actually pretty healthy--a few problems here and there but nothing bad. I think I go looking for symptoms and then Google some horrible thing that could cause them.

jessicalittler79
06-01-12, 00:34
I've had all the above and more health anxiety is the worse

Wolfie
06-01-12, 00:46
Recently I've had bleeding on the brain, multiple concussions, bleeding in the stomach, cancer..........if I met someone who had had all of the illnesses we've felt we've had, I'd really give them a medal lol, they'd be a walking miracle!! Health anxiety suckssss.

miniholly
06-01-12, 02:13
Detached retina, brain tumor and eye cancer are all my "illnesses" at the mo!

Chickadee33
07-01-12, 16:01
At the minute I think I either have Ovarian cancer or Cervical cancer due to pains in my lower abdomen, I've been the docs twice and a&e once they say it's just ovulation! Won't belueve it until they do a scan and a smear!

Recently I've had skin cancer, turned out to be eczema.
Liver problems because I had a weird yellow stain on my thumb, this turned out to be where I'd burned myself through my oven mitt( the colour had burned onto my hand) I only know this because the hole in the mitt and the stain in my thumb were the same shape.
6 months ago I had HIV, I was absolutely convinced, had to have 2 weeks off work getting myself is worked up waiting for the results, lost weight and quite a few off my marbles on this one!

I sound like a crazy women but I just can't help but think that if I don't get the symptoms checked that this time might just be for real! It's a vicious cycle!

Betsyboo9034
07-01-12, 16:31
HIV, Breast Cancer, Stroke, Some sort of immunosuppression (because of two colds in three weeks).

I get so embarrassed about the fact that I overthink things so much. I rationally know that things are ok, but I another part of my brain constantly goes over and over what is wrong, and why I should doubt what the doctors have to say. It is so frustrating!!!!

blingkasa
07-01-12, 17:03
thanks for cheering me up knowing i aint alone

xfilme
07-01-12, 18:42
my latest are breast cancer, nasal tumours, lung cancer and twisted gut. :S so tiring. its just one after another.

chl_hobbs
07-01-12, 20:16
Ive had a brain tumour, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, heart attack, blood clots,MRSA, bleeding spleen (this HAS actually happened to me in an operation that went wrong and spleen was mended but i constantly think its going to just start bleeding again), bowel blockage, tearing of my internal scar (i have a massive scar running down my abdomen) oh and i live in constant fear of pneumonia....

Sick of it to be honest. Ive been on edge all day despite doing well for 2weeks.
Charlotte

Halcyon
07-01-12, 21:14
Bone cancer, all kinds of lymphoma, lung cancer, pancreatitis, appendicitis, MHE, lupus, pneumonia, aortic dissection, asthma...you name it!

.Poppy.
08-01-12, 04:13
I'd been pretty good for a couple of weeks, and then it all kind of hit at once.

Let's see...
- Brain tumor
- Liver disease
- Heart problems
- Bone cancer
- Lymphoma
- Breast cancer

(the last two I'm facing currently)

Jamesk
08-01-12, 10:36
I'd been pretty good for a couple of weeks, and then it all kind of hit at once.

Let's see...
- Brain tumor

This for me today. I have a really bad chest infgection - no panic just what happens in the winter, but I have a wracking cough. When I do cough hard I get a stabbing paid in the top right hand side of my skull. I often get pain in this same place, but last night when I had a coughing fit it was like someone driving a dagger in.

Clearly a tumour or a bleed :scared15:

charmcc123
08-01-12, 20:43
currently my 3 ive had and still
lymthoma
brain tumor
breast cancer
had these for 7 mths!!

Sparkle_
09-01-12, 01:28
Where do I begin?

I've lost count of the number of illnesses! My mum is getting sick of me whining everyday about something or other :wacko:

Greenman50
11-01-12, 15:48
Angina
Lymphoma
colon cancer
throat cancer

.....and today i have barrets oeshagous because i read in the paper some harmless article on chest pain "could " be acid reflux damageing you .

To think 12 months ago i just shrugged every ache or pain off now i can,t , which makes me so Angry with myself , makes be anxious so i drink , i drink i feel guilty and so this crap continues :weep:

Sorry for the rant i,m not haveing a good week.

miggymoggy
11-01-12, 19:19
Stomach cancer
Bowel cancer
MS
Heart attack
Blood clot
Brain tumour
Brain haemorrage
Rhematoid arthritis
Malignant Melanoma
Bladder cancer

etc, etc, etc

LizeeeH
12-01-12, 11:54
Everything that involves the "C" word:weep:

Aillie
12-01-12, 12:03
Ive recently believed I had cervical cancer which quickly transferred to breast and thus morning has gone on to both breast and bowel cancer due to an embarrassing episode of loose mucous stool this morning ( sorry TMI!!!)

Wish could give self some peace :mad::weep:

mc2000
02-02-12, 21:04
Let's see... since this started, well, it has come on in waves with big gaps between them.

The first time I had HA I knew I had colorectal cancer. At 15 or something. I was terrified. Went to the GP and tried to prod them, via feeding them specific symptoms I had read about on google and that I thought I had, to diagnose me or send me for tests. They said I had some generic bowel complaint that would probably clear up on its own. I left thinking I was going to die. I didn't die. After 6 months to a year of religiously checking my stools and body weight looking for tell-tale signs, I accepted that I didn't have colorectal cancer.

Things were ok for a couple of years, until I decided I have Marfan's/some connective tissue disorder. I still sometimes think this but am too embrassed to go to the doctor about it.

Just recently I've had a huge attack of HA, the worst in my life, lasting about one month so far. First I had a racing heart and other panic-like symptoms, which I had never had before. I went to the hospital. I was released the same day and googled frantically. I thought I had, in rough order:

Pneumothorax
Myocarditis
Pericarditis
Re-entrant tachycardia
Inappropriate sinus tachycardia (IST)
Myocarditis again (I really wished I had the latter two, and tried hard to twist my symptoms to fit them, since they're not dangerous - I dont have either)
Aortic aneurysm
Panic disorder (maybe I do have this, and you might think it would make me feel better, but instead I brooded about how panic disorder would destroy my life just as much as a real illness)

Symptoms then cleared up for about a week, but then I started getting upper left abdominal pain. Google again...

Pancreatitis
Pancreatic cancer
Aortic aneurysm again
Gallstones
Liver cancer
Colorectal cancer (I was right all along and it metastasized! I actually half believe this even as I type)

Went to the GP and heard I have mildly elevated liver enzymes. She's not worried. But I am. Back to Pancreatic cancer, or some other cancer that has metastasized. I seriously think there's a high chance I have pancreatic cancer even though the chances at my age are literally on the order of a million to one. This is destroying my life and I honestly can't even tell if it's panic or health anxiety or if I'm really sick.

carefree68
02-02-12, 22:21
Oh yes I have been having a heart attack now mmmmm for about 7 months cant understand why know ones noticed.

Lung cancer but only when Im not sitting with my friend in a coffee shop laughing my head off.

Going Blind especially when Im driving so amazed when I get from A to B really.

Stroke...had loads of those

brain tumor/ Ms ....no headaches though.

OMG what is the matter with us... when Im typing this it all sounds so silly....lol.

I know its not because at the time it feels so real.

MMMMMM what will I have tomorrow?

St3v3n
03-02-12, 03:00
Have been fighting off a nasty attack of bowel cancer for last few weeks.Dr claimed it was Gastro.......a likely story! She did advice me to be more positive though as in her words "negative thinking causes cancer"..........great!!!! I might as well sit around and wait for the end then! Gastro/cancer has cleared up somewhat, but have a particularly painful neck now-have been monitoring temperature religiously but fever refuses to develop so at a loss as to what little nasty is ravaging my body now. Currently living in Perth WA so could be Ross river virus (mossie bites).Awaiting blood test results for Liver function and the usual blood counts etc.....if these come back normal I may have to accept that I'm not sick(well for a few weeks anyway).

Danii
03-02-12, 14:19
This thread is amazing!

I've had a collapsed trachea, a collapsed lung, a torn diaphragm, throat swelling, blood vocal cord dysfunction, an ulcer and one scare with gout.

It's amazing what you can be diagnosed with with the help of google :)

Jellybeann
14-03-12, 21:21
I love this post, the way we think ourselfs into such states! I really find this forum helps so much, shows the funny side of our silly worries.

Lately I've had..
Lymphoma - Due to swollen lymph node (that I am forever prodding and aggravating)
Throat Cancer - Due to a sore throat (I also had a cold when both of these appeared)
Bowel cancer - Due to constipation. (I have IBS...)
Tumors in my back passage (PILES!)

It really is quiet helpfully when you think about these things logically!

michellew
14-03-12, 21:45
Brain aneurysm, brain tumor, MS, septicemia, strep throat (although I actually did have a throat infection) and throat cancer. Its been a busy week...

ciccone-hassell
14-03-12, 22:04
same as pablo22 " contanlty thinking i instand death with chest twingles and loud heart beat when sitting and laying down :(

michellew
14-03-12, 22:22
This for me today. I have a really bad chest infgection - no panic just what happens in the winter, but I have a wracking cough. When I do cough hard I get a stabbing paid in the top right hand side of my skull. I often get pain in this same place, but last night when I had a coughing fit it was like someone driving a dagger in.

Clearly a tumour or a bleed :scared15:

I'm having the exact same thing! :O Any idea what's actually the cause of it?

*~Miss.Alice~*
16-03-12, 01:29
I've had diabetes, lupus, multiple sclerosis, leukemia, kidney failure, blood clots in my legs and lungs, and anaphylaxis. Right now, I have asthma. :wacko:
Most of this is "Dr. Google's" fault. Except for the diabetes - a medical book diagnosed that.
I'm REALLY looking forward to going to counseling next month!

katielou80
16-03-12, 06:37
Irregular heart (missed beats) ranges from heart attack. anurism. fear of needing a pace maker. Breast cancer. and at the moment its stomach cancer!.......im kinda thiking that i have a growth in my stomach that is pushing on my heart and causing these skipped beats........i think about stomach cancer 24/7 every minute of every day!! surely after 18 months id be pretty sick?? huh?? am now suffering from indigestion and bloating daily. Think i may have a yeast intolorance. This health anxiety sure sucks. i long for the day i feel that it left me!! my husband and friends think im just wasting my life, every xmas since 2009 ive thought ive had a terrible illness and im dying. havnt enjoyed a xmas since then. my mind is thinking about my health constantly!! ive had cbt for this, and it was USELESS, she basically said..... you know your doing it, so stop!! hmmmmmm not that simple!!

bellina
16-07-12, 14:49
I had an aneurysm yesterday but that seems to have cleared up quite well so am back to my ongoing battle now with a heart condition, brain tumour and impending blindness.

This made me genuinely chuckle for the first time in a fair few days, thanks :)

In the past couple of weeks I've had an aneurysm (sentinel bleeding), DVT, a heart attack and currently I have ALS...

sammie23
16-07-12, 15:28
Iv been feeling paranoid.
Heart attack last night :-( due to chest pain.
Brain tumour started acouple of weeks ago due to headaches.
Numbness in my hand and arm cos I'm going to have a stroke :-(

willous1
16-07-12, 15:32
This year I have had,

A brain tumour,
Mouth cancer,
Alzheimers,
Going blind,
And now have asbestos poisoning.

Its ruined my life. Once I move onto the next one, the last seems silly.

I hate health anxiety. Really do.

meche
16-07-12, 15:38
Well earlier this year I had MS, Parkinsons, Brain Tumour! It's been a bad year :doh:!

Then I decided I didn't have any of them and had a healthy few months.

BUT...... 2 weeks ago I developed another Brain Tumour, had a stroke and on Saturday I had an anuerysm!

bellina
16-07-12, 16:44
This thread really is making me smile, here is one for you all, it's completely ridiculous.

About a week ago I called my boyfriend, he answered and I could hear him very clearly but he didn't seem to be able to hear me "That's strange" I thought as it seemed like a perfectly clear line to me.

The next thought that entered my head.... "Oh god, what if I'm dead and that is why he can't hear me?!?!"

God help me! You couldn't make it up could you! :wacko:

sammie23
16-07-12, 17:35
Made me chuckle that bellina haha. That is something I'd think lmao xx

jessicalittler79
18-07-12, 03:36
This sounds so much like me I've suffered from health and for almost 5 years it destroyed my life day in and day out :-( , and I also really have MVP mitral value prolapse and it's took me awhile to comes to terms it won't hurt me but I still freak out over it ,hope u all find some peace in your health anxiety ,take care