PDA

View Full Version : trip to the docs fibromyalgia and amitriptyline

mrs way to worried
05-01-12, 21:04
Been to docs for blood results and to tell him I've had enough I want answers I had a list of my symptoms and what I thaught I had he went through everything on the checklist all bloods were fine the glands that I feel r massive he said are barely feelable no sighn of swelling , he's referd me for councilling and cbt , he also explained to me where all my muscles and glands r turns out I've been saying omg these glands r rock hard they arnt glands they are muscles he said from my symptoms he thinks I have fibromygia as I've had pain for 3 years has anyone else got this advice would be fab , also he prescribed me amitriptyline I'm a bit anxious of meds he's given me 25mg anyone have any experience with this drug pros cons ect , thankyou in advance xx

hungrycaterpillar
05-01-12, 21:13
Hi I got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year, I don't take any meds (for Fibro) but am a member of a Fibro forum and loads of the people on there take Amitriptyline for it.

I class my Fibro as mild as I still manage to work and go out etc. I have good periods and bad periods but would say I am in pain somewhere in my body at least 90% of the time. I have learnt to do little things to help, simple things like I always get a trolley in the supermarket even if I am not getting a lot as a basket quickly becomes too heavy for me, and if I feel like I am doing too much then I take a break.