PDA

View Full Version : missing my daughter

lins13
06-01-12, 06:40
I have 3 daughters, who are 23,20 and 19 and my son who is 12. My 20 year old still lives with me and my son, my eldest lives 2 mins away from me with my granson who is 3. My youngest daughter moved out last year to stay with her b/f (30 miles away) bc she cannot share a bedroom with my daughter who lives with me, ( i hope you are with me so far and ive not bored you lol ):huh:. I miss my youngest daughter so much, im sitting here close to tears bc i only saw her on Christmas day and she went back with her b/f in the night, and she's been having problems with her b/f and his family too, so she's been staying with friends who live next door to her b/f. She has now gone back to college, where she is a resident. I miss her, having her here for a few days over Xmas was lovely. I wish i had the confidence and my nerves would allow me to drive the 45 miles up the M6 to see her and to bring her back home every weekend, but i know id cause an accident bc im such a nervous driver, i only passed my test last year (im 44) and i hate motorways, even as a passenger. We went to pick her up for Xmas and we passed so many accidents my anxiety went through the roof and i was at the drs the next day.
Does anyone else feel the same. Im so concerned over her bc she's lost loads of weight and seems really unhappy. i just want her back home but i know i have to let her go. Im so upset at the mo ive got a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes, i am hormonal as well, but i cant stop thinking about her.:weep:

Polar Bear
06-01-12, 07:44
Hi Lin

Sorry to hear about your daughter. It can be difficult treading that line between letting them go and making sure they are ok. I know you say she is staying at friends. Is it practical to keep in touch via something like Skype over the internet. At least that way you can see her and not just speak to her.

Sorry that I can't be of more help but hope that you can resolve the situation

Mike

lins13
06-01-12, 23:06
yeah we keep in touch thru text and facebook, ive not got a camera on my lappy to skype, might just get one. I know she's unhappy and i just feel helpless and so sorry for her, i think i just worry too much. Ive spoke to her a couple of times today on the phone and text her loads, hopefully she can get home to see me next weekend by train, i can pick her up at the station, at least i dont have to drive on the motorway lol (i cant stand them, im too nervous and people drive too fast).
A mothers' worry never ends, even when they're all grown up.

Hope your'e feeling much better Polar bear

Mindful
06-01-12, 23:13
Aw bless you.

I have 3 girls, eldest lives with her bf and i dont see her anywhere near as much as id like, she works full time, has a hectic social life ( the life of a 20 yr old hey lol) i miss her being at home, she was always my little chatter if you know what i mean, she could-can talk for England and would follow me around the house talking talking talking haha I so miss that.

Children grow up and move on, its hard to sit back and watch and worry about whether they are ok, but honestly all you can do is tell her she ALWAYS has a home there with you and is always welcome to come back anytime. The rest is up to her. xxx

lins13
08-01-12, 01:00
Hiya Mindful
Thanks for your reply, its hard seeing all my kids grow up and leave after bringing them up alone, all i have is my kids and my fiance.
My youngest daughter was the chatty sort and always made me laugh, we used to sit in her bedroom watching films, and she frightened the life outa me one day when she unplugged a speaker in her room after watching a horror film, it made the most loud horrible noise lmao we just laughed for ages after it, i miss her loads, i have my other two daughters and my son, an il probably be the same with them if they move away, empty nest syndrome! Yeno when they were young, i used to say when they were naughty and playing up that i cant wait for them to grow up and move out, but now, i wish they were still young, time has flown by so quickly.
I nearly lost my youngest daughter when she was 8 weeks old to meningitis, that was nearly 20 years ago, luckily i got her to hospital in time to save her thank god, i cant imagine my life without her, or my other kids.