PDA

View Full Version : A question for the girls out there...

clc
06-01-12, 09:22
I'm not sure really where to post this but since I am taking cit I thought I would post it here! I just wondered if anyone had heard of taking Microgynon being linked with depression and anxiety? I've seen it a couple times and wonder if this med isn't helping with my condition. It also says on the leaflet you shouldn't take it if you have depression. Any advice is much appreciated!

eternally optimistic
06-01-12, 09:57
Morning

I dont think it can help. I used to suffer very bad heads which I am sure brought on the anxiety when taking Microgynon.

Whilst I have changed from using this, I still get anxiety but not as bad - couldnt be totally sure they are linked.

Although, pumping yourself with "fake" hormones cannot be good for anyone. I am sure it must mess up your system.

clc
06-01-12, 10:31
Thats what I thought! Going to come off to see if it makes a difference, thanks for the response!

chappers1980
06-01-12, 13:07
Its funny you say that as i believe it was the start of all my problems. i've never felt quite right since taking them and hence a couple of years ago i did come off them but still think i never really got my mood back to how it was before (until recently anyhow now i'm on venlafaxine)

clc
06-01-12, 14:01
When I look back on things my issues started quite soon after I started taking it, however I also sufferred with glandular fever around the same time so I'm not quite sure which was the main cause. Maybe both maybe neither!!

Seeing my GP later so will ask him although I find doctors pretty useless when it comes to meds!