PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried/thought about hypnotist-help anxiety

reddevil
09-06-06, 08:20
Hi,

My family yesterday asked me if I would try or at least think about seeing a hypnotist regarding my health anxiety?

I was wondering if anybody has tried or have thought about hypnotist to help anxiety?

Red

Kez
09-06-06, 12:32
Hi

I've thought about it. My husband went and saw a great guy who managed to stop my husband smoking in an hour - he'd been smoking for about 15 years so that's no mean feat! The hypnotist said he did sessions for anxiety/confidence and all sorts of other things. I'm just a bit scared of it, it's like mind control.

Maybe one day though!

x

Take time to smell the roses.

Daisybun
09-06-06, 12:57
Its something I'm considering but i'm a bit sceptical

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Wenjoy
09-06-06, 18:20
Ive had one sessiohn so far of hypnotherapy and found it relaxing but nervous about the next one,. I think I am expecting a miracle cure and it will take weeks as I have problems from my past but I am hoping to learn techniques for coping with PAs. Good luck>Love Wenjoy x

jackie
09-06-06, 18:24
hiya reddevil

i did try it and it cost a small fortune, it didnt help me one bit and i truly believe it is up to us to change our thinking

on the other hand i think everythings worth a go but i =t wasnt for me

i know others on the site reccomend it but not for me im afraid

jackie

removed
09-06-06, 20:55
I tried a paul Mckenna video for anxiety and after using it for a couple of weeks I experienced total depersonalisation. I had a complete nervous breakdown after that. i lost my sense of self so radically, it took me years to get over it.
My GP sent me to see a hypnotherapist colleague of hers and he told me that this can happen sometimes. Hypnosis is very powerful and you have to be really sure the therapist knows what they are doing! It certainly did not help me. I would definitely not go near it with a bargepole unless it was for something like giving up smoking.
Janet c