PDA

View Full Version : Best high dose multivitamin?

VioletWings
06-01-12, 11:25
Does anyone know which brand of multivitamin (UK) is the best one? Pref not uber expensive too! :blush:

Thanks!!

nomorepanic
06-01-12, 11:52
I take Centrum cos it has everything you need in it

mikewales
06-01-12, 17:21
Tesco do their own brand ones as well, I think most are basically the same, its all just vitamins, so one isnt really better than another

xfilme
06-01-12, 23:57
Supermarket RDA's are not going to make any significant change to your body, other than psychologically make you feel as though you are taking care of yourself. Go to a proper health store. GNC do a great multivitamin with iron. Its about £6.50 for a months worth. The dosage for the water soluble vitamins (B & C) should be in their thousands, because excess vitamins that arent needed by your body are excreted in your urine. You would need to swallow around 8 once daily tablets at a time from a Supermarket multivitamin to even come close to the equivalent once a day multi from Holland and Barret. Even the ones from Chemists like boots and Superdrug may as well be placebos. I say this based on my own personal research, conversations with nutritionists and a diploma in nutrition. Centrum is a better brand to buy as the quantities of each vit/mineral are much higher, but a lot of what you are paying for is the brand name alone. I would recommend Holland and Barret or GNC. GNC specifically have nutrition trained staff who can tailor your purchase to your specific needs.

BKF1515
07-01-12, 14:08
What about Solgar? That is what brand I've been using for years.

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

I also meant to add that they have a few different multi-vits., one specifically for women. I take the high-potency one. But I also take fish oils separately as well as a few others.