PDA

View Full Version : ectopics or not??

**whenwillthisend**
09-06-06, 09:31
hi i really need someone to tell me if ectopic beats are missed beats or extra beats...i thought i had missed beats but the last few days ive felt like i have had a extra fast beat and then a feeling of a missed beat...im worried as i think this is different ...i have had a few very anxious days please are they the same thing...i had the heart tests done in march all were ok just showed i did get ectopics
thanks

Two heads
09-06-06, 09:38
hi there!
i dont think you have anything to worry about sweet they are just ectopics and they will go when you are less anxious.I had loads of them a few months back as you describe and touchwood they have totally gone now!!!
Im sure they will be back but im just enjoying the fact that there not here at presenr.Are you on meds?
The reason i ask is because they didnt go entill i went on them,and iti was on them a good three weeks befor they went.When we get anxious we release alot of adrenaline and this causes the missed beats{what ever you want to call them}meds make you less anxious so there for less missed beats.you are normal so please dont make yourself more anxious by worrying more.xxxx

**whenwillthisend**
09-06-06, 11:22
no im not taking meds yet but going on hol next week(dreading it)..seriously thinking about starting meds(gp gave me prozac) when i get back...what do you take???

Two heads
09-06-06, 12:54
I take citalporam as my doc said they are easy to come off when the time is right!I dont no alot about pozac but if you have a look at the meds site there maybe someone that can help there.If you are feeling that anxious i think maybe it would be best to maybe try something.xx

ALEX WIDDOWSON
29-10-09, 08:14
hi there!
i dont think you have anything to worry about sweet they are just ectopics and they will go when you are less anxious.I had loads of them a few months back as you describe and touchwood they have totally gone now!!!
Im sure they will be back but im just enjoying the fact that there not here at presenr.Are you on meds?
The reason i ask is because they didnt go entill i went on them,and iti was on them a good three weeks befor they went.When we get anxious we release alot of adrenaline and this causes the missed beats{what ever you want to call them}meds make you less anxious so there for less missed beats.you are normal so please dont make yourself more anxious by worrying more.xxxx
try metoprolol.,panapranol etc they help alittle