PDA

View Full Version : visit to the opticians ?? freaking out !

dusty41
06-01-12, 17:06
Hi ive just returned from my 2 yearly eye check up (I currently wear glasses for reading) Anyway a had a eye pressure test (wear they blow air into your eyes, one at a time) opticians assistant did this thought everything was fine.... Then went into see the optician checked my eyes said that they actually had improved :)) then looked at the back of my eyes with a light "nice and healthy" Phew ! Then reads the information from the eye pressure readings, apparently it was a little high !! omg, pressure behind my eyes??? wth tumour, begining to start to freak out inside, she could tell I was beginging to get upset !! dont worry we'll do it again she said, apperantly its common, did it again came down a liitle bit, but not to what is a healthy range !! So now I have tobe seen either at hospital, or another opticians that deal with this. They did another test "prorifferal sight test which came back very good. I asked her about omg"could it be a tumour, but she said no dont "Panick" ! as the perifferal test would have shown if there was anything sinister !! Pressure behind the eyes can be caused by high blood pressure? colesteral?, but they have to keep an "eye" on it so to speak!! Im sat here thinking omg, ive not heard of this before,what if they find something ! No matter how much she tried to convince me I dont have a brain tumour im still sat here panicking !! Has anyone on here had any similar thing happen to them !!! xxx

dusty41
06-01-12, 18:36
oh !! Thankyou for youre reply, Im begining to feel calmer now ! I did nt know you could get high blood pressure behind youre eyes? its when she the "H" WORD (HOSPITAL) i panicked, Im sure it s just a precaution !! Thinking on she did say something about blood pressure and colestral !! I was thinking "Brain tumour and Death"! Omg how this Health anxiety effects us all my rationality has gone out the window !!! Hate feeling like this, i feel sooooo embarrassed and stupid after !! Thanks agin for youre reply it really helped !! xx