PDA

View Full Version : looking back

kate89
06-01-12, 17:57
well everyone my anxiety has been really low the last 12months,but just 4 days ago its hit me like a ton of bricks:scared15:.Even tho i've been through this before im at that worrying stage again what if and why!!!!!! just been looking at my old threads from 2 years ago and funny enough i have most of them again weird....anyway i was wondering has anybody elses been low for a while then it just hits hard all of a sudden again?thanks katy

what you give is what you get

theharvestmouse
06-01-12, 19:03
my anxiety level was low for a few months last summer, but then hit back like a bolt from the blue in October. On meds now and having CBT, feel like a boxer who's been patched up and is going back into the ring.

Kendra
06-01-12, 19:03
Hi Kate,

I'm going through the same thing myself at the moment. I had gone years without any PA and then over new year BANG they are back. The DR has put me back on Prozac, but now I am having a tough time worrying and panicking about the side effects. I feel like I have let myself down and everyone else.

I am trying really hard to continue as normal, going to work, being a wife and a mam but I feel drained, tired and constantly worried about anything and everything.

I hate it, really hate being like this.

Wish I had reasons behind it!!

kate89
06-01-12, 19:59
thanks for your replys...well this is the thing with me i have been having a few minor stresses but nothing to make me fel like this again! i hate taking meds was the same last time aswell g.p offered them me yesterday i refused so i got to go back for a review next week.biggest thing for me at the moment is can't sleep,can't eat(had 1 round of toast in 3 days) and my heart beat feels as though it's in my throat freaking me out bad:scared15: thanks again really appreciate it x

Jmac
07-01-12, 01:40
I was free of attacks for 12 years and then this May BANG! - seemingly out of the blue I was anxious and panicky again after so long feeling so well. I tried without meds but at the end of July decided I needed the help and I don't regret that decision at all. Feeling so much better now.

Seems many things can cause our anxiety levels to rise. In my case, it appears to be hormonal - due to menopause. I'm just at the cusp between peri and full menopause and apparently, it common to experience increased anxiety during this phase.

For me, the meds work and I'm super happy about that. They can be a little tough getting used to but when they work, they're sooo worth it!

Take care and know that you don't have to "tough it out". There are lots of options out there.

kate89
07-01-12, 08:54
thanks jmac...it is really hard for us to get our heads around after feeling somewhat "normal" for so long.i really don't want to go on meds i have a fear of the side effects (what if they make me worse) etc.i think i'm going to consider having cbt again i found that did help last time for me.

maxi87
07-01-12, 14:06
my anxiety started when i was 17, exactly 8 years ago. the first year was terrible, then it went away almost completely for a couple of years ... one year ago it all came back out of nowhere and since then it more or less always with me.

kate89
07-01-12, 16:33
thanks emma hun....im the same hun somedays i fancy food others i dont have no appetite.i no i can beat this i've done it before :) but the "what if's" are always there to make me slip back so annoying. im going back to the doctore next week see about cbt again hopefully that will sort it. thanks for your replys guys xxx