PDA

View Full Version : Concentration

Jonquil
06-01-12, 21:34
Hi,

Just wonder if any one feels that citalopram affects their concentration. I have been taking it for 15 month for GAD. It has really helped and I know that I am better- not only do I feel better in my self but many of my anxiety related symptoms have improved massively for the first time in years. However, I am not absolutely sure that I feel ready to reduce yet (am on 20mg) but feel that I have to balance this against difficulty concentrating at work- I am was used to be very focussed (all be it also very anxious!). Would be really helpful to hear your thoughts about this.

Thanks
J x

Goggy
07-01-12, 11:26
Hi j :)

I have the concentration thing to and by the sounds of it , it doesn't go away fully but there should be some ways u can get control over it but I guess in the end it's upto you which way you want to go just make sure u feel completely better before going off them because U might end up back on them if the problem isn't fixed

Goodluck :) keep us informed :D

Jonquil
08-01-12, 17:48
Hi There,

Thanks for that, it is helpful to know that others have this problem. Unfortunatly have had a bit of a wobble this week-end and so think I am problably not ready to stop citalpram yet anyway.

Jx

theharvestmouse
08-01-12, 18:32
I have trouble concentrating and often feel quite tired, wasn't sure if it was the Cit or just the anxiety.

Jonquil
08-01-12, 20:28
Hi Harvest Mouse,

Yes its a good point. It is just that so many of my other anxiety symptoms have got so much better that I thought that may be the concentration problems were related to citalopram. I think it does say in the information leaflet you can cognitive problems. However, am starting to wonder if might be a mixture of things as have been feeling a little bit down since Christmas so that might have been affecting concentration too. Probably not ready to come of meds...sigh.

Jx