PDA

View Full Version : Period question - ladies only please

brucey
07-01-12, 08:59
Is it normal to have your monthly period where you bleed for 4-5 days then have some yucky brown stuff for a few days? It stops after a few days. But I get this each month and worry I have some kind of cancer down there. My last smear was May 2011 and was normal. Should I be worried? Sorry this is such a yucky question!!

Mirabelle
07-01-12, 09:02
Hi
Sounds perfectly normal to me and nothing to worry about.
xx

brucey
07-01-12, 09:09
Thanks for replying so quickly. I love this site!

Carys
07-01-12, 09:26
Normal, totally and utterly. It is blood that has been 'hanging round' a bit before coming out.

brucey
07-01-12, 09:36
Sometimes I bleed for three days, nothing for maybe a day, then bleed for a day, then nothing for twelve hours, then the brown stuff. Still normal? My mad mind thinks it may be because the blood is trying to squeeze past a tumour. Crazy, I know! X. PS - no bleeding in between periods

Carys
07-01-12, 10:32
I am very similar 3 days of blood loss, a gap - nothing at all for 12-24 hours and then a day of a bit more and then the dark stuff. I have been like this for years and I am fine, so I'm sure you are too.

sickandtired
07-01-12, 10:38
I had this too,its normal....i take mini pill now and have no periods at all...heaven!

nicola1980
07-01-12, 10:52
I get this too with every period at the end! Which mini pill do you take sickandtired? Im supposed to start cerazette but heard it can cause anxiety so i daren't! X x

BKF1515
07-01-12, 14:02
Nothing to worry about. I always end with about three days of brown stuff too.

sickandtired
07-01-12, 14:08
I take cerazette but had depression and anxiety well before i started it,so i cant blame that.my periods were making me very aneamic,lasting 3 weeks in every month.try the cerazette,at least you can stop straight away,if its not for you x

nicola1980
07-01-12, 14:31
I take cerazette but had depression and anxiety well before i started it,so i cant blame that.my periods were making me very aneamic,lasting 3 weeks in every month.try the cerazette,at least you can stop straight away,if its not for you x

Thanks thats made me feel better about it, ill start it now on my next period x x

Betsyboo9034
07-01-12, 16:34
Totally normal. I always get brown stuff at the tail end of my period! It is so annoying because it seems to stop when I am wearing a pad, and then as soon as I think I am safe and go padless, and then the brown stuff comes out and stains my underwear!