PDA

View Full Version : At Last Iv'e found people like myself

lonelyme
07-01-12, 14:34
Hello everyone, I'm new here, I never knew such a site existed, I wish I had !!:hugs: I hope to make aquaintances who are like minded. Who won't laugh at me when i am agonising over some illness or other (usually fatal)
I am happily married to Brian, we have 2 grown-up daughters, we lost our only son Liam very suddenly on Christmas eve 1987 (my panics , fear, and anxiety go back long before that) we also have 3 grandaughters.
I live in Liverpool, and oh by the way my name is Maureen. I should have told you that in the begining.... not thinking clearly:weep: my thoughts are quite unsettled at the moment.:mad::mad:

diane07
07-01-12, 14:37
Hi lonelyme

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

sickandtired
07-01-12, 17:24
Welcome Maureen
you,ll get loads of help and find many friends on here.I joined in November and its been a life saver for me.
I was at my wits end a few weeks ago,but the many kind friends Ive met on here,helped me through my darkest days.Its still early days for me (4th week on fluoxetine) but Ive had a few good days,which can only be a good sign,and no panic attacks for nearly 2 weeks!
And absolutely no one will laugh at your illnesses.....these are your fears and very real they are,its just about learning not to let them rule your everyday life.People without anxiety can never understand how debilitating our intrusive thoughts can be and think you can just snap out of it,or 'get a grip'.......so so difficult,when youre curled up in a ball crying and wondering what the hell happened to you.
Anyway,I just want to say hello :hugs:

Carys
07-01-12, 17:25
Hiyer Maureen !

Welcome and I hope you find comfort, a 'release' and information here.

:welcome:

nicola1980
07-01-12, 17:39
Hi and :welcome: you'll find so much love and support from everyone in this forum, its been my lifeline xx

EmmerLooeez
07-01-12, 18:30
Welcome Maureen :) Hope you're feeling okay. xx